Old 24-08-2004, 07:49 PM
Julie

Dave,

Have you looked at these sites? Maybe you'll find your answers in one
of them.

http://www.rdrop.com/~paul/main_grapes.html

http://www.which.net/gardeningwhich/...ga304t305.html

I believe the "gardens" you were referring to is the Royal National
Rose Society. Seems their website is down, or has moved. It used to
be rnrs.org

dave weil wrote:

I'm curious about the details of that pruning method that some Brits
use for bushes. You know, the one where you just make a straight cut
across the middle top of the bush. Does anyone have any details about
it? Where do you choose your line? Do you do any other "lateral"
pruning. Etc. Etc.

My big Aloha is getting rangy and "tall growing" instead of its normal
bush form. I'd like to get it back to normal if possible. It's now
about 10 feet tall in the middle but looks sparse on the side. It used
to be really round. If this odd pruning method can help, I'm game. My
previous pruning methods haven't really helped the shape of the bush.

Old 24-08-2004, 09:58 PM
dave weil

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 14:49:03 -0400, Julie
wrote:

Dave,

Have you looked at these sites? Maybe you'll find your answers in one
of them.

http://www.rdrop.com/~paul/main_grapes.html

I believe that this is the article that Mr. Double fianlly posted.

http://www.which.net/gardeningwhich/...ga304t305.html

I believe the "gardens" you were referring to is the Royal National
Rose Society. Seems their website is down, or has moved. It used to
be rnrs.org

I'll keep my eye out for it. Seems like there would be some sort of
final judgment regarding the effacy, although, as I noted, one of the
most successful "rose guy for hire" around these parts uses this sort
of method. He simply goes back in the spring and cleans up whatever
winter dieback there happens to be, just like you do when you use the
traditional pruning.

Thanks for the help...