Old 23-08-2004, 01:45 AM
Randy

Default Yellow Roses Tennessee

I am looking for a couple good yellow roses. I want one with no work
and no blackspot. I am in zone 6, in TN. Maybe some have had most of
these and can tell me which ones you like. Even if one is not as
pretty as the other but has no blackspot and is carefree, i would
rather have it. If you have more yellow ones not on the list please
let me know. I have carefree beauty now and they are carefree and
beautiful. We also have iceberg and they get very little bs and seem
to shake it off nicely. In the next few weeks i have to put nets or
mesh up over all of them as we can't keep the deer off and the little
fawns. One last thing, a nursery here has roses and has only
sunsprite(yellow rose). He has trimmed all his roses back and even
sunsprite had some blackspot on them here, with most all his roses. He
has knockout and they were all in between and all beside the ones with
bs and they do not have any bs on them and are blooming their heads
off. We are getting a couple of these as these roses look very pretty
and look to be carefree.

1.Sunsprite
2.Sunflare
3.Carefree Sunshine
4.Prairie Harvest

Thanks
Old 23-08-2004, 01:31 PM
dave weil

On 22 Aug 2004 17:45:22 -0700, (Randy)
wrote:

[...]

Try Baby Love. It's small five-lobed blooms so it's not for vases, but
it blooms all season long if you deadhead it. Seems to be virtually
blackspot free. Mine's about 4 1/2 feet tall and is very bushy.

One note, when I say deadhead, I mean be prepared for a lot of
deadheading. You'll get dozens and dozens of blooms that ony last a
couple of days. If you pinch them off, you'll get threefold.

Other than the deadheading, it's pretty carefree. You can trim it like
any bush i.e. just take the clippers to it.
Old 23-08-2004, 09:54 PM
Sunflower

"Randy" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Baby Love or Carfree Sunshine or Easy Going or Prarie Harvest. Sunsprite
and Sunflare BS badly here without spray. All roses still benefit from well
amended organic rich soil, regular feeding and lots and lots of water. In
that sense, there are no "carefree" roses. But, those I suggested come as
close as possible in a hot and humid climate. Autumn Sunset too, if you
need a climber.

Sunflower
MS 7b

University of Tennessee Amateur Science Survey Amateur Science Survey Plant Science 0 02-10-2003 04:12 PM
Looking for fellow aquarists in Eastern Tennessee.... 350X_Rider Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 20-04-2003 06:23 AM
Starting a lawn in Tennessee - HELP! GarciaGM Gardening 2 29-03-2003 01:32 AM
Spring in Tennessee Table Roses 1 24-02-2003 01:04 PM
Looking for fellow aquarists in Eastern Tennessee.... 350X_Rider Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 17-02-2003 04:38 PM