Old 08-09-2004, 11:41 PM
Rogerx

Default YELLOW ROSE, I need recommendation.(Zone 7).

Hi Group!

Next Spring, I plan to add 4 roses to my collection, three of them I
want to be yellow. I am thinking of 2 HT and 1 climber. I have 20
(3yr old +) roses, and only 1 is yellow. It is a Kings Ransom--it has
never did well, perhaps the least hardy of all my roses.

I have posted inquires to this page several times, and other people
are having great success with Kings Ransom- -I got one posting from
India, seems the rose is quite common over there.

This rose has had TLC, perhaps it is the rootstock ?? I have auto
waters, I feed Scot's Rose Food. Lately, I mulch with Alfalfapellets
and have a regular spray program(7day). Were I any kind of a man I'd
dig it up and toss it- -but I've had this thing almost 5 years.

I am partial to the Hybrid Tea or Floribunda, but would consider any
other rose that you have had success with. Also, I've been eyeing the
English Rose- - what do you think???

They will be planted in full sun.

Oh yes, some advice: Never plant a $10 bush in a $2 hole - - -think
about it.

Have a good day-Rogerx