Old 24-04-2005, 03:21 PM
Al

Default Barrone Prevost - Hybrid Perpetual

I just got a Barrone Prevost - Hybtid perpetual. I am trying to find more
inforamtion about this Rose.

Interestingly Jackson & Perkins is the cultivator of this rose. I know it
was introduced in 1842. That is the date on the box. It also looks like it
is growing on its own roots.

Thanks

Al

Old 25-04-2005, 05:01 PM
Gail Futoran

"Al" wrote in message

I just got a Barrone Prevost - Hybtid perpetual. I am trying to find
more inforamtion about this Rose.

Interestingly Jackson & Perkins is the cultivator of this rose.

I doubt J&P was around in 1842. It was bred in France.
See below for an information source.

I know it
was introduced in 1842. That is the date on the box. It also looks like
it is growing on its own roots.

Most if not all old garden roses grow on their own roots.

Thanks

Al

go to www.helpmefind.com,
click on roses, then search on Baronne Prevost (note
correct spelling - 1 r, 2 n's). Or just search on Prevost
as part of the rose name and you'll see listings.

You can also do a google search and get additional
information, but I like to send people to helpmefind
because I find it a useful resource.

HTH - Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8

Can you eat perpetual sweet peas? Peter Robinson United Kingdom 16 27-01-2008 09:27 PM
hydroponic perpetual garden [email protected] Gardening 0 19-01-2007 05:53 PM
perpetual spinach seeds jan Texas 9 11-04-2005 03:39 PM
Wanted! Hybrid Perpetual Roses Hybrides Remontants AmiRoses Roses 4 17-01-2004 10:32 AM
Mail order Hybrid-T's. Scopata Fuori Roses 0 03-02-2003 11:16 PM