Old 22-06-2005, 02:31 PM
Rolling Thunder

Default Japanese Beetles

The beetles are really going after my gold colored floribunde roses.
They don't seem to bother with the other colors but go after gold
and yellow. Is this normal?

I've found a few on my crepe myrtle and peach trees but
nothing like the gold/yellow roses.

Thunder
Old 22-06-2005, 05:03 PM
Gail Futoran

"Rolling Thunder" wrote in message
news
The beetles are really going after my gold colored floribunde roses.
They don't seem to bother with the other colors but go after gold
and yellow. Is this normal?

I've found a few on my crepe myrtle and peach trees but
nothing like the gold/yellow roses.

Thunder

They do seem to prefer lighter colored roses. When
I get them (fortunately that's rare), they tend to go
after white, white blend, yellow, and yellow blend roses.

Gail

Old 11-07-2005, 07:37 PM
Dennis

"Gail Futoran" You're digging it
round, when it aughta Be SQUARE

"Rolling Thunder" wrote in message
news
The beetles are really going after my gold colored floribunde roses.
They don't seem to bother with the other colors but go after gold
and yellow. Is this normal?

I've found a few on my crepe myrtle and peach trees but
nothing like the gold/yellow roses.

Thunder

They do seem to prefer lighter colored roses. When
I get them (fortunately that's rare), they tend to go
after white, white blend, yellow, and yellow blend roses.

Gail

they love fragrant cloud too...

--
"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfeld
"Education is the progressive discovery of our own Ignorance" - Will Durant