Old 27-06-2005, 02:51 AM
neeven2

Default General info needed.

I'm a little new to all of this. I need generalized info about what to
do and when. Like how often to I fertilize? My bushes are being eaten.
Do praying mantis work? If not what does? I read alot of about things
that need to be done but no way to do them. Exactly how to you prune a
bush? Do you just cut off branchs or should there be a method to it?
Breeding. Everyonoe talks about it, but not how to do it. The bushes I
have now are a few weeks into bloom. The blooms only last a day or two.
Is there a way to make them last longer? If anyone has information or
knows where to get some, please let me know.

Old 27-06-2005, 08:33 AM
Martin

Dear Newbie

For general information look up some of the Rose Society Web Sites. The
Bexrose site can be found at:- http://home.btconnect.com/cadoss/bexrose .
Bexrose is a rapidly developing site with lots of new information being
added at least once or twice every month. Bexrose also provides links to the
best of the world's rose societies, so don't forget to bookmark our site for
future reference.

Martin Double
Bexrose - Webmaster

Email:
Web Site:
http://home.btconnect.com/cadoss/bexrose

oups.com...

Old 27-06-2005, 02:56 PM
Gail Futoran

"neeven2" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm a little new to all of this. I need generalized info about what to
do and when. Like how often to I fertilize? My bushes are being eaten.
Do praying mantis work? If not what does? I read alot of about things
that need to be done but no way to do them. Exactly how to you prune a
bush? Do you just cut off branchs or should there be a method to it?
Breeding. Everyonoe talks about it, but not how to do it. The bushes I
have now are a few weeks into bloom. The blooms only last a day or two.
Is there a way to make them last longer? If anyone has information or
knows where to get some, please let me know.

There are some great books on roses. The cheaper
ones, like Ortho's All About Roses and the Sunset
series, were my starter books on roses and I still
have and USE them often, even though my rose library
now numbers in the dozens. You can even often find
these books in used bookstores and basic rose care
information doesn't go out of date.

If you prefer online information, the American Rose
Society www.ars.org has quite a few articles on
basic rose care and is accessible to everyone, not
just members. Look for the link to "articles" near
the bottom of the intro page.

There's also a really good web site about identifying
and dealing with various diseases and pests of roses:
http://members.tripod.com/buggyrose/

For future reference, it helps to indicate where you
live (generally). For example, "winter care" for my
roses, here in Southcentral TX, involves nothing at
all other than occasional watering when needed. In
the northern USA and other northern climes it's quite
a different matter!

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8

Old 28-06-2005, 05:31 PM
Tom Line

Go to an old hardware store or feed and grain store where old guys work
and ask for some Rose Dust, and Rose Fertilizer. Old guys know how to do
things. Young people at big stores just stock the shelves. Rose Dust works
great and will prevent problems you haven't encountered yet.

:

--

Tom Line

For Fun And Safety In Firearms Sports visit...
--
http://www.bobtuley.com --

Old 28-06-2005, 11:39 PM
Anne Lurie

Neeven,

Here is a website with the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) about roses:
http://www.mc.edu/campus/users/nettl...rofaq-faq.html.

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC
USA

oups.com...

General Advice Needed Magoo Australia 5 29-08-2004 03:52 AM
Need general info me Roses 1 21-10-2003 08:22 PM
Info needed: IH 990 Mower Conditioner Wayne & Diane sci.agriculture 2 16-04-2003 09:56 AM
Info needed: IH 990 Mower Conditioner Wayne & Diane sci.agriculture 2 22-02-2003 07:35 PM
Info needed on starting sweet potato slips Dwayne Edible Gardening 2 30-01-2003 10:14 PM