Old 07-03-2003, 06:08 PM
Cass

Default Echo Posts in rec.gardens.roses

Is someone reposting to make traffic? This is damned annoying, to see
posts again a few days later. What gives?
Old 07-03-2003, 07:20 PM
Radika Kesavan

Cass wrote:
Is someone reposting to make traffic? This is damned annoying, to see
posts again a few days later. What gives?

FWIW, I am not seeing any of these echo posts that you and someone else
here before reported (was it you D, even before, and now?). Larry
Blanchard recommended this news reader to me, and I am well pleased with
after many months of trouble free use. It can be reached
at:http://news.cis.dfn.de/

I am very grateful to Larry for the pointer he gave me, many moons ago.

--
Radika
California

Old 08-03-2003, 01:20 AM
Cass

saki wrote:

Speaking of roses, I just picked up my Ashdown order yesterday: Secret
Garden Musk Climber, Mary Washington, Lady Ann Kidwell and Niles Cochet.
All lovely large plants...bareroot!

OOOh, I don't know Mary Washington (a beautiful, fragrant white
noisette, I see), but the other 3 are darned nice roses. Niles Cochet
is the single cleanest rose in my garden, or maybe ties with Sophie's
Perpetual. Slooooooow to build, at least my budded plant is. I've heard
of vigorous OR Niles Cochets, but I don't have any. The NC hardwood
cuttings I stuck haven't done much. Lady Ann is so very cool,
especially once you've seen it budded at 4 feet so that it is 12 feet
tall at Ralph Moore's nursery.

I'm not used to dealing with bareroot this late in the year (for So Cal)
but they're well potted up now and I'm misting them twice a day. They're in
a cool part of the garden where the sun won't hit for another couple weeks,
so I'm hoping they'll break dormancy soon.

I made cardboard collars for my BRs so that I could stack up the
compost to almost the tops of the canes in 5 gallon pots. I lost a
bunch of BR's one March, so now I'm really systematic about mulching
them. I recommend it. That way you can put the pots where they get some
sun to heat the soil.

--
-=-
Cass
Old 08-03-2003, 01:32 AM
Cass

In article , Radika Kesavan
wrote:

Cass wrote:
Is someone reposting to make traffic? This is damned annoying, to see
posts again a few days later. What gives?

FWIW, I am not seeing any of these echo posts that you and someone else
here before reported (was it you D, even before, and now?). Larry
Blanchard recommended this news reader to me, and I am well pleased with
after many months of trouble free use. It can be reached
at:http://news.cis.dfn.de/

I am very grateful to Larry for the pointer he gave me, many moons ago.

I'll try this server. Thanks for the suggestion.