Old 26-04-2003, 12:30 PM
Brian Narkinsky

Default Small No-Till Planter

I am looking for a small no-till planter to pull behind my 24 HP 4wd
tractor. I have searched the net but everything I find is too big. Is
there such a thing?

I want to work some clover and possibly winter rye into my existing bahaia
grass pasture.

Also does this even make sense?

Brian

Old 26-04-2003, 12:30 PM
Oz

Brian Narkinsky writes

I am looking for a small no-till planter to pull behind my 24 HP 4wd
tractor. I have searched the net but everything I find is too big. Is
there such a thing?

I have no idea but in the UK, where no-till was in use in the 70's and
you might expect small equipment, the smallest needed about 80hp and
would prefer 100.

--
Oz
Note: soon (maybe already) only posts via despammed.com will be accepted.

Old 26-04-2003, 12:30 PM
Jim Webster

Oz wrote in message
Brian Narkinsky writes

I am looking for a small no-till planter to pull behind my 24 HP 4wd
tractor. I have searched the net but everything I find is too big.

Is
there such a thing?

I have no idea but in the UK, where no-till was in use in the 70's and
you might expect small equipment, the smallest needed about 80hp and
would prefer 100.

given that a 24hp tractor is normally adequate, would it be better to
look for a local contractor or pay a neighbour to do the job for you? It
will save having to gear up with a lot of expensive equipment you hardly
use.

--
Jim Webster

"The pasture of stupidity is unwholesome to mankind"

'Abd-ar-Rahman b. Muhammad b. Khaldun al-Hadrami'

Old 26-04-2003, 12:30 PM
Brian Narkinsky

Agreed didn't exactly understand no-till drills untill after I asked. Big
heavy things I see. It would be way overkill for my 15 acres,

BRian

"Jim Webster" wrote in message

Brian Narkinsky writes

Old 26-04-2003, 12:30 PM
Jim Webster

Brian Narkinsky wrote in message
Agreed didn't exactly understand no-till drills untill after I asked.

Big
heavy things I see. It would be way overkill for my 15 acres,

BRian

yes, for 15 acres I would recommend a contractor or have a word with a
neighbour. Far better for everyone really. You get the job done with the
proper equipment used by someone who knows how to use it.

On 15 acre you probably wouldn't even get the tractor warmed up :-))

I use a lot of contractors, saves me a fortune in heavy equipment that I
can no way justify on 150 acres.