Old 26-07-2005, 10:19 PM
Cindy

Default tomatoes

Hi there,
Now that it's so hot my tomato plants look terrible and are full of
bugs. If I keep them, will they grow and produce again when it cools off?
Or should I just give up and pull them out? Never had this problem in
Montana!

Cindy

Old 27-07-2005, 01:43 AM
Red

Start over, the spring/summer growing season is just practice for the real
growing season which is fall. Start new plants now and hope you can beat
the first frost.

t...

Old 27-07-2005, 02:03 AM
jOhN

"Cindy" wrote in message
t...

Hi there,
Now that it's so hot my tomato plants look terrible and are full of
bugs. If I keep them, will they grow and produce again when it cools off?
Or should I just give up and pull them out? Never had this problem in
Montana!

Cindy

Fall tomatoes are the bestin my opinion.

One year we had a zillion of them green on the vine at Thanksgiving and
it started to sleet mixed with freezing rain. We ran out, picked them
all, and stuck them in the garage in HEB bags. By mid-December they were
ripening pretty regular. Homegrown tomatoes for Christmas that year :-)
Old 27-07-2005, 04:23 PM
Cindy

Okay guys, thanks!

Cindy