Old 02-01-2006, 11:23 AM posted to austin.gardening
Jim

Default Fireworks

Just saying thank you to the folks in the Wimberley area. Just a couple
instances seen of people using fireworks. Local fireworks stand is having
burn ban special sale now.

Now, how about some rain.

--
Jonny

Old 02-01-2006, 11:42 PM posted to austin.gardening
Jangchub

I noticed hardly any fireworks, but the wonderful neighbors, of all
things, thought bottle rockets were mandatory and a must have for the
celebration. People are weird.

Old 03-01-2006, 01:58 AM posted to austin.gardening
J Kolenovsky

Ignorant is the word. Weird is a compliment.

wrote:

Just saying thank you to the folks in the Wimberley area. Just a couple
instances seen of people using fireworks. Local fireworks stand is having
burn ban special sale now.

Now, how about some rain.

--
J. Kolenovsky, 2003 Honorable Mention Award, Keep Houston Beautiful
τΏτ - http://www.celestialhabitats.com - environmental resource
Old 03-01-2006, 07:54 PM posted to austin.gardening
Jangchub

okay, that!

Old 04-01-2006, 02:50 PM posted to austin.gardening
BJ in Texas

J Kolenovsky wrote:
|| Ignorant is the word. Weird is a compliment.
|| Jangchub wrote:
||| I noticed hardly any fireworks, but the wonderful neighbors,
||| of all things, thought bottle rockets were mandatory and a
||| must have for the celebration. People are weird.
|| --
|| J. Kolenovsky, 2003 Honorable Mention Award, Keep Houston
|| Beautiful
|| τΏτ - http://www.celestialhabitats.com - environmental
|| resource
|| τΏτ - http://www.peakoil.org and http://www.endofsuburbia.com
|| - start becoming attuned to the "new lifestyle"
|| ahead of you
|| τΏτ - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/personal.html - personal

Kind of like that "Keep Austin Weird" slogan. :-)

--
"Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is
like that between order and chaos." -- Chief Justice John

Old 04-01-2006, 07:24 PM posted to austin.gardening
Jim

Where I come from, anything that comes from the fireworks stand is/are
fireworks except the punks and paper bags. If you doubt, launch some
bottle rockets, pop some firecrackers, light off some chasers, wave some
burning sparklers while APD/SAPD is looking on in their city limits during
wetter weather. Fireworks don't have to fly either.

Some people develop and spread perceptions that are totally unfounded.
These perceptions get other people in trouble. And, the initiating party of
such a perception could also be called "weird" for that reason and should be
avoided like the plague.
--
Jonny

wrote:

Just saying thank you to the folks in the Wimberley area. Just a couple
instances seen of people using fireworks. Local fireworks stand is

having
burn ban special sale now.

Now, how about some rain.

Fireworks and chickens Baz[_3_] United Kingdom 13 09-11-2010 11:55 PM
Who needs fireworks ------ Kate Morgan United Kingdom 4 11-11-2009 08:12 PM
Clematis Fireworks Gilly United Kingdom 1 18-07-2005 09:58 AM
OT fireworks KenCo Ponds 2 02-07-2004 12:06 AM
Fireworks Molly Bloom United Kingdom 88 14-11-2003 02:04 AM