Old 29-03-2003, 03:08 AM
animaux

Default What is this shrub?

I bought this at the fall Newton's Wholesale nursery sale. They open to the public
twice a year and everything is one dollar a gallon, sometimes much less. I bought an
Afghan pine for 10 dollars in a 30 gallon container and it is 8 feet tall.

Anyway, this is one of the plants I bought. At first, I thought it was a flameleaf
sumac because the foliage in fall (the 4 leaflets) were red and in pairs. Not many
were on it. The bark is white. It started to pink bud stage about two weeks ago.

Anyone know what it is?

http://home.austin.rr.com/animaux/ne...n/Page_1x.html

Thanks, V
Old 29-03-2003, 04:20 AM
Celeste Evans

In article , animaux
wrote:

Anyone know what it is?

http://home.austin.rr.com/animaux/ne...n/Page_1x.html

Thanks, V

Looks an awful lot like a mexican buckeye but mine has yellow foliage
in the fall. But mine is blooming now also.

Cea
Old 05-04-2003, 11:11 AM
Valkyrie

"animaux" wrote in message
Anyone know what it is?

http://home.austin.rr.com/animaux/ne...n/Page_1x.html

Thanks, V

Found a pretty good picture of the suggested Buckeye, see what you think.
http://www.springholler.net/plant_photo.asp?id=113

Val

Old 05-04-2003, 11:11 AM
Dewitt

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 13:10:41 GMT, animaux
wrote:

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 03:31:42 GMT, Celeste Evans wrote:

Anyone know what it is?

http://home.austin.rr.com/animaux/ne...n/Page_1x.html

Thanks, V

Looks an awful lot like a mexican buckeye but mine has yellow foliage
in the fall. But mine is blooming now also.

Cea

Ah, I will look it up and see. It wasn't labeled. The red foliage may have been due
to neglect and there were sparse few, here and there. It's in the ground, now.

Yes, it is a Mexican buckeye. I just pulled a flower off mine to
compare to your picture to make sure. The emerging foliage is right
as well.

deg

shrub Honeysuckle Cereoid-UR12- Gardening 0 27-10-2003 02:42 PM
What is this shrub? Valkyrie Texas 5 28-03-2003 04:08 PM
[IBC] unknown shrub, can it be used for bonsai? Sam Williams Bonsai 6 13-02-2003 02:55 AM
Planting new rosemary bush/shrub Anita Blanchard Gardening 1 04-02-2003 09:16 PM
evergreen shrub dying? Faye Lifford-Earle Gardening 0 24-01-2003 10:14 AM