Old 05-04-2003, 11:08 AM
gruber

Default $3 roses at Marbridge

All roses are on sale for $3. Mostly Weeks, maybe 1/4 Jackson-Perkins.
Some 'tree' roses. Two to three hundred roses available.

Shade and fruit trees are half off too.

Nice place if you've never been. The birds in the large cages in the
tropical greenhouse are my kids' favorite part.

"Marbridge Farms Greenhouse is part of Marbridge Ranch, a residential
facility for mentally handicapped men. The residents earn and learn working
in the greenhouses tending the plants, and the profits go to help continue
the Marbridge mission" quoth the Chronicle on the subject. Marbridge is off
of 1826 in Manchaca.

Old 05-04-2003, 11:08 AM
gruber

"Karen Kay" wrote in message
0...
"gruber" wrote in
gy.com:

All roses are on sale for $3. Mostly Weeks, maybe 1/4
Jackson-Perkins. Some 'tree' roses. Two to three hundred roses
available.

Shade and fruit trees are half off too.

Nice place if you've never been. The birds in the large cages
in the tropical greenhouse are my kids' favorite part.

"Marbridge Farms Greenhouse is part of Marbridge Ranch, a
residential facility for mentally handicapped men. The residents
earn and learn working in the greenhouses tending the plants,
and the profits go to help continue the Marbridge mission" quoth
the Chronicle on the subject. Marbridge is off of 1826 in
Manchaca.

1626?
--
Karen

si

Bliss Spillar Rd x 1626 to be exact

Old 05-04-2003, 11:08 AM
Charles Dunn

For the benefit of those of us not familiar with the area, would someone
please post detailed directions to Marbridge Farms?

Old 05-04-2003, 11:08 AM
Karen Kay

"gruber" wrote in news:WQVu9.557
:

"Karen Kay" wrote in message
0...
"gruber" wrote in
gy.com:

[...]

Found it. No yellow roses, unfortunately, but I got two different
white roses, one of which is a yellow-white and the other of which
is a lavender-white. Also a red and a coral.

In general, I thought their prices were very high and their plants
not very healthy. But their seed prices on a few select vegetables
(broccoli, spinach, mustard, cabbage, cauliflower, etc.) were quite
good--50 cents for a huge scoop.
--
Karen

Old 05-04-2003, 11:08 AM
gruber

"Charles Dunn" wrote in message
For the benefit of those of us not familiar with the area, would someone
please post detailed directions to Marbridge Farms?

Go way south on mopac, almost to the wildflower center. Turn left on
Slaughter. Turn right on Brodie a mile or so later. Go a few miles until
Brodie ends. Take a right on 1626, go about a mile and watch for the signs.

Or go South on 35 and exit west on 1626. I don't go this way, so I'm not
sure how that exit is marked.

Old 05-04-2003, 11:08 AM
Briana Miriani

From central Austin I go through town all the way south on Manchaca Rd.
until you dead end at the town of Manchaca. Take a right go a couple
miles maybe (?) and you will see a hill on your right w/ MARBRIDGE
spelled out in stones--can't miss it. Go to the stop light just ahead
take a right and a right onto the grounds.
I haven't been there since the spring but have always had good luck w/
the plants I have gotten there. From what I remember they have a much
bigger, more robust selection of stuff in the spring but they're one of
my top three places I buy from.

gruber wrote:
"Charles Dunn" wrote in message

For the benefit of those of us not familiar with the area, would someone
please post detailed directions to Marbridge Farms?

Go way south on mopac, almost to the wildflower center. Turn left on
Slaughter. Turn right on Brodie a mile or so later. Go a few miles until
Brodie ends. Take a right on 1626, go about a mile and watch for the signs.

Or go South on 35 and exit west on 1626. I don't go this way, so I'm not
sure how that exit is marked.

Roses and Apples was Blackspot on roses near tree Radika Kesavan Roses 2 04-06-2003 05:56 AM
Roses from Marbridge Karen Kay Texas 1 05-04-2003 11:09 AM
Colour of roses best roses for Albuquerque, NM Radika Kesavan Roses 18 05-04-2003 12:20 AM
BALD HIP ROSES AKA. DWARF ROSES (Rosa gymnocarpa) nwforestmagic Roses 1 14-03-2003 03:44 AM
Roses where other roses have been Newbie Gardener United Kingdom 11 12-03-2003 09:00 PM