Old 05-04-2003, 11:09 AM
Karen Kay

Default Yum!

I am enjoying what Costco describes as Marinated Mozzarella (fresh
mozzarella in olive oil and basil, with a little red pepper) with
sliced tomatoes from my garden over a mixture of greens from my
garden: butter lettuce, arugula, sorrel, and lemon balm. Dang, I love
having a garden!!!!

(But I wish I knew what was eating the bok choy; there's something
all over it that looks like dirt, but isn't.)

This is my first year growing vegetables, so I want to gloat. I
can't imagine ever taking this for granted, though.
--
Karen
Old 05-04-2003, 11:09 AM
Steve

Karen Kay wrote:
I am enjoying what Costco describes as Marinated Mozzarella (fresh
mozzarella in olive oil and basil, with a little red pepper) with
sliced tomatoes from my garden over a mixture of greens from my
garden: butter lettuce, arugula, sorrel, and lemon balm. Dang, I love
having a garden!!!!

I haven't had a homegrown tomato allllll yeeeaar.... Darnit

-sw

Old 05-04-2003, 11:09 AM
Karen Kay

Steve invalid@email wrote in
:
Karen Kay wrote:
I am enjoying what Costco describes as Marinated Mozzarella
(fresh mozzarella in olive oil and basil, with a little red
pepper) with sliced tomatoes from my garden over a mixture of
greens from my garden: butter lettuce, arugula, sorrel, and
lemon balm. Dang, I love having a garden!!!!

I haven't had a homegrown tomato allllll yeeeaar.... Darnit

Then I won't go on and on about the flavor difference.

I have some blossoms now, but according to Roland, they probably
won't set fruit unless it warms up a lot more than it's supposed to.
--
Karen
Old 05-04-2003, 11:09 AM
animaux

Probably cabbage worm. Sprinkle some Bt-K on the plant, especially in the
center. It should kill them organically with no harm to you or anything else.

We also bought the mozzarella, but at Sam's. Mmmm. Reminds me of the antipasto
my grandmother used to make. She'd take the balls of (her home made by her)
cheese, and wrap them with prosuitto. Them's was some eatin!

Old 05-04-2003, 11:09 AM
grzubber

"animaux" wrote in message
snip
Them's was some eatin

snip

lol - you trying to sound like your buddy George?

Old 05-04-2003, 11:09 AM
animaux

On Tue, 12 Nov 2002 15:51:30 GMT, "grzubber" wrote:

"animaux" wrote in message
.. .
snip
Them's was some eatin

snip

lol - you trying to sound like your buddy George?

EEEEEuuuuuuuu. I'll never sound like him. I sound more like The Nanny Fine,
Fran Drescher! I'll NEVER say INsurance, or Nukular, or make no mistake. Uh,
did you have to remind me of that jerk!!!

Garlic - Yum! China Australia 4 09-04-2005 04:06 AM
Red currant wine...yum rdoiron Edible Gardening 1 10-10-2003 05:42 PM
Kennebecs, oooh yum :) Phaedrine Stonebridge Edible Gardening 0 27-07-2003 06:02 AM