Old 05-04-2003, 11:10 AM
Gary Harper

Default Yard pests

I live in Pflugerville and lately I have been noticing that lately some
small animals have been tearing up my plans. I've never seen anything like
them before. They are about 10" tall and look like little monkeys. They
are reddish brown, have a small tail and sometime they walk on their hind
legs. My friend from Mexico says it sounds like a corkscrew devil. Anyone
else have a problem with these things? I kind of like watching them but
they are making a big mess, with the feces and all on my door.

Old 05-04-2003, 11:10 AM
Rusty Mase

On Mon, 16 Dec 2002 11:30:02 -0600, "Gary Harper"
wrote:

I live in Pflugerville and lately I have been noticing that lately some
small animals have been tearing up my plans. I've never seen anything like
them before. They are about 10" tall and look like little monkeys.

If these are not raccoons then I think we are all going to be in
trouble. Look for black banding across the face near the eyes.

Raccoons act more like little bears than monkeys, also.

Rusty Mase

Old 05-04-2003, 11:10 AM
ratSenoL

wrote:

I live in Pflugerville and lately I have been noticing that lately some
small animals have been tearing up my plans. I've never seen anything like
them before. They are about 10" tall and look like little monkeys.

If these are not raccoons then I think we are all going to be in
trouble. Look for black banding across the face near the eyes.

Raccoons act more like little bears than monkeys, also.

Rusty Mase

Could they be ring-tailed cats
(http://www.nsrl.ttu.edu/tmot1/bassastu.htm)? I've never actually
seen one, but know more than a few people who have seen them in
Central Texas.
Old 05-04-2003, 11:10 AM
Rusty Mase

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002 08:36:30 -0600, "Gary Harper"
wrote:

Sorry guys. I was just funning with you. We don't have any monkey-like
creatures in Pflugerville. I just wanted to see what you guys would say.

And I thought we were heading for an episode of X Files.

So these guys are not fecetious, they are facetious.

Rusty Mase

Old 05-04-2003, 11:10 AM
J Kolenovsky

I had a case of mistaken id when in San Salvador. We were on a missions
trip feeding the poor and brought toys and clothes and on the next to
last day, prepared a large fiesta and closed a street down. We had
Pinatas for the guests. I was walking back to our lodge and heard a pa.
(I have one in my truck, so it got my attention) I asked our leader and
he said they are with us promoting the fiesta. Well, it was like GTE
Sprint. The static. I take the guys picture and jump into the car and go
riding around with them. Stops in front of the market 2 blocks away and
I see these headbands on the seat. I grab one and fraternize and then
bade them well and head back wearing the headband. When I walked up, our
cooks just died laughing. Seems it was one of 11 political campaigns
runing for an upcoming election. =

Gary Harper wrote:
=

I live in Pflugerville and lately I have been noticing that lately some=

small animals have been tearing up my plans. I've never seen anything =

like
them before. They are about 10" tall and look like little monkeys. Th=

ey
are reddish brown, have a small tail and sometime they walk on their hi=

nd
legs. My friend from Mexico says it sounds like a corkscrew devil. An=

yone
else have a problem with these things? I kind of like watching them bu=

they are making a big mess, with the feces and all on my door.

-- =

J Kolenovsky, A+, Network +, MCP
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/reference.html
Old 05-04-2003, 11:11 AM
David Clifton

I did see something similar to what you are describing in Lago Vista
about 10 years ago. I thought I had just had too much to drink but it
turns out someone had lost a pet coatamundi (sp?).

Gary Harper wrote:
Sorry guys. I was just funning with you. We don't have any monkey-like
creatures in Pflugerville. I just wanted to see what you guys would say.

"Rusty Mase" wrote in message
news
On 16 Dec 2002 17:32:19 -0800, (ratSenoL)
wrote:

Could they be ring-tailed cats

Ring-tailed cats are much less common and less prone to enter
residential areas. I have seen only a few and most of them as
road-kill in the Hill Country.

Raccoons, a close relative of ringtails, tend to be more of a problem
around homes. Gary's original post mentions the mess they make
(feces) and that sort of limits the choices here. Rodents do not do
that so it is some other type of mammal marking territory is all I can
see. Nasty, though.

Rusty