Old 05-04-2003, 11:11 AM
Steve Coyle

Default Caladium Help ?

Howdy folks,
Has anybody seen any leafed out Caldiums anywhere ? I know, it's way
early but I'm doing a garden for someone who is determined against my
advice to have Caladiums that are leafed out, planted now.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Steve Coyle
www.austingardencenter.com
Old 05-04-2003, 11:11 AM
animaux

No. The soil must be at least 70 degrees or the corms will rot. To answer your
specific question, no, I have not seen any caladiums anywhere which have leafed out
yet.

Victoria

Old 05-04-2003, 11:11 AM
L & S

Not surprising I suppose, but I saw Caladiums at Walmart on 620 yesterday.
I didn't buy any, but I thought of this post. Good luck with your client!
Sarah

Old 05-04-2003, 11:11 AM
Steve Coyle

Howdy folks,
In regard to this message:

Was at Howards this morning (March 21). They have a few in about 7" ?
pots about $7.50.

Roland

I want to thank the folks who e-mailed suggestions. I'm sure those of
us on this list who do landscaping work know what a pain it is to try
to talk customers out of planting the wrong thing at the wrong time (
Or some monstrously innapropriate plant )
Sometime I wish I could be like a Chef at a fancy restaurant and run
around with a trowel yelling in a threatening manner " You will not
plant a Mimosa in this landscape!"

At the last minute I did find six inch Caladiums at Home Depot, the
trick is to get there when the trucks are arriving on the weekdays and
take them off the racks before they have a chance to get them into the
store. ( They were $1.99 a six inch pot )

Today I spent an hour trying to sell a design with Four Nerve
Daisies, Zexmenia, Black Foot Daisies and a back gound of Silver
Santolina and the customer decided at the last minute that he wanted
Banana Trees.
As Charlie Brown would say "Urrrgghh" Now I gotta hunt Bananas.

thanks again,
Steve Coyle

Caladium help! JW Gardening 6 14-10-2006 12:58 AM
Caladium bulbs wanted Noela Australia 2 05-04-2003 06:36 AM
Caladium bulbs jammer Gardening 7 29-03-2003 06:32 AM
Caladium Help ? Steve Coyle Texas 2 20-03-2003 02:56 PM
Caladium bulbs wanted Noela Australia 2 05-03-2003 01:51 AM