Old 26-03-2003, 04:08 AM
jammer

Default Caladium bulbs

Good grief. The packages say to plant the bulbs "knobby side up".

As opposed to what??? ! They are "knobby" all over!! Does it
matter?????
·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
jammer
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸

Old 26-03-2003, 04:20 AM
B & J

It doesn't seem to make much difference, but there is a top and bottom. They
seem to grow however they're planted. The bottom side is rounded and often
has dry roots on it.

John

Old 26-03-2003, 05:20 AM
jammer

On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 22:08:33 -0600, "B & J"
wrote:

It doesn't seem to make much difference, but there is a top and bottom. They
seem to grow however they're planted. The bottom side is rounded and often
has dry roots on it.

NOT THESE! They are a all full of bumps. If some come up and others
don't maybe i will dig and turn.

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
jammer
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸

Old 26-03-2003, 07:44 AM
Dr. Rev. Chuck, M.D. P.A.

jammer wrote:

Good grief. The packages say to plant the bulbs "knobby side up".

As opposed to what??? ! They are "knobby" all over!! Does it
matter?????

Look closely, and you'll see tiny, cat's claw-like stems on the top side.
Old 26-03-2003, 12:44 PM
Allview

Good grief. The packages say to plant the bulbs "knobby side up".

It doesn't really matter. They will come up. Just don't start them too early.
Check your frost free date and start them about 3 weeks before that.
Otherwise you'll have big weak plants before its time to put them in the
ground.

Marilyn in Ohio

Old 29-03-2003, 05:08 AM
Lou Minatti

jammer wrote in message . ..
Good grief. The packages say to plant the bulbs "knobby side up".

As opposed to what??? ! They are "knobby" all over!! Does it
matter?????

You're not the only one who can't figure out which side is "up". I've
been planting caladiums for 10 years now, and for the past 9 years I
pretty much just stick 'em in the ground and leave them alone to do
their stuff. Seems to work.
Old 29-03-2003, 06:32 AM
jammer

On Sat, 29 Mar 2003 00:10:38 -0600, jammer wrote:

Thank you so much for that! Haha! I thought, wow, one response about a
smooth side and a root side, that usually means that there is no other
answer. I went and studied the remaining bulbs for pieces of root and
i would say they are everywhere. If i find growth is that roots or
plant? I'll wait a week and dig them up and see how they are doing,

Forget that, i suppose it will be growing out both ends. I should be
able to tell a root when i see one. Good luck to both of us.
·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
jammer

[IMG] code is On

Caladium overwintering in zone 7b South Carolina? Darren Garrison Gardening 1 29-06-2005 11:21 PM
Caladium Help ? Steve Coyle Texas 4 05-04-2003 11:11 AM
Caladium bulbs wanted Noela Australia 2 05-04-2003 06:36 AM
Caladium Help ? Steve Coyle Texas 2 20-03-2003 02:56 PM
Caladium bulbs wanted Noela Australia 2 05-03-2003 01:51 AM