Old 14-03-2006, 12:04 AM posted to austin.gardening
Wayne Dyer

Default Weed/Plant identification

I need a bit of help identifying this weed/plant. It grows low to the growd,
like ground cover. It's taken over a small patch where I was going to put
some jasmine for ground cover, but if it's not a "bad" weed, I might as well
let it stay.

http://influxofdust.com/weed/weed_1.jpg
http://influxofdust.com/weed/weed_2.jpg

Soft green leaves, I think it may have a small purple flower at some point,
but none have them right now.

Any advice/recommendation would be appreciated

-W-
Old 15-03-2006, 03:31 PM posted to austin.gardening
Jangchub

It's very difficult to accurately identify plants without seeing their
flower parts.

When the flowers come out, take more photos and maybe then it can be
identified.

Old 15-03-2006, 11:04 PM posted to austin.gardening
TLR

I found this plant growing in my garden last summer and decided -after
perusing the internet, that it was a variety of four-o'clock that has become
naturalized. Mine looks something like these.

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/92/index.html

Teri

Old 16-03-2006, 05:15 AM posted to austin.gardening
Wayne Dyer

Jangchub wrote:
It's very difficult to accurately identify plants without seeing their
flower parts.

When the flowers come out, take more photos and maybe then it can be
identified.

I'll do that. At least I think it flowers. I'll get a shot of it on
the ground, too.

-W-
Old 18-03-2006, 04:16 PM posted to austin.gardening
Jangchub

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 05:15:56 GMT, Wayne Dyer
wrote:

Jangchub wrote:
It's very difficult to accurately identify plants without seeing their
flower parts.

When the flowers come out, take more photos and maybe then it can be
identified.

I'll do that. At least I think it flowers. I'll get a shot of it on
the ground, too.

-W-

If this is a ground cover, it may be a form of Ruellia.

Old 19-03-2006, 07:39 AM posted to austin.gardening
Wayne Dyer

wrote:

Jangchub wrote:
It's very difficult to accurately identify plants without seeing their
flower parts.

When the flowers come out, take more photos and maybe then it can be
identified.

I'll do that. At least I think it flowers. I'll get a shot of it on
the ground, too.

-W-

If this is a ground cover, it may be a form of Ruellia.

Ruellia I know and this is different, I think. At least Ruellia I know
is different. :-)

It hasn't sprouted anything new, but when it does I'll get a shot of it.

-W-
Old 20-03-2006, 12:20 PM posted to austin.gardening
Latosha Washington

Does it spread by runners? I have something that grows in the mulch, above
the black sheets of weed block material. It is also low to the ground and
soft green leaves.

Old 20-03-2006, 03:19 PM posted to austin.gardening
Wayne Dyer

Possibly, it seems to take over bare patches pretty quickly, and has
grown in and around the Jasmine, (which doesn't spread very fast on
mulch) but won't encroach into St. Augustine.