Old 15-03-2006, 11:28 PM posted to austin.gardening
Scott Richardson

Default Garden Club Austin MN

Hi from Austin MN.
Next month our garden club's program is to have our two Master
Gardener's answer gardening questions the members might have.
So when that is through, I am going to host a quiz show type contest
with the two Masters taking on the rest of the Club (we have about 30 member
show up per meeting.) I and the President of the Club will ask the questions
and tally the scores.
Can you help me with some gardening related questions - and their
answers. Such as:
Name me four songs with flowers in the title
I can think only of "Yellow Rose of Texas" and "The Rose"

Name me four books with plants or flowers in the title.
I can think only of "The Orchid Thief"

Women's names: Lily, Rose, Violet, Viola, - there has to be more...

Name me six varieties of tomatoes. (Spell tomatoes might be a good one.)

I am forming a question where the answer is genus, specie, variety.

How about: name me the zone that Austin Texas is in? 7?

This is a work in progress and I have a month to get together about 30
questions.
Hope the contest will be fun. I would appreciate any help I can get from
Austin Texas. Thanks.

Scott in Austin MN

Old 16-03-2006, 03:23 AM posted to austin.gardening
Cindy

Scott Richardson typed:
Hi from Austin MN.
Next month our garden club's program is to have our two Master
Gardener's answer gardening questions the members might have.
So when that is through, I am going to host a quiz show type
contest with the two Masters taking on the rest of the Club (we
have about 30 member show up per meeting.) I and the President of
the Club will ask the questions and tally the scores.
Can you help me with some gardening related questions - and their
answers. Such as:
Name me four songs with flowers in the title
I can think only of "Yellow Rose of Texas" and "The Rose"

"Kiss From a Rose" by Seal.

Name me four books with plants or flowers in the title.
I can think only of "The Orchid Thief"

Try a search on Google? Maybe Amazon.com?

Women's names: Lily, Rose, Violet, Viola, - there has to be
more...

Google flowers.

Name me six varieties of tomatoes. (Spell tomatoes might be a
good one.)

Look in a seed catalog.
(You DID say you're a gardening club member, right?)

Old 16-03-2006, 06:41 AM posted to austin.gardening
Catbird

Name me four books with plants or flowers in the title.
I can think only of "The Orchid Thief"

Daisy Miller, Driving Miss Daisy (the play), Flowers for Algernon, Flowers
in the Attic, In the Beauty of the Lillies, The Lillies of the Field, The
Name of the Rose, The Grapes of Wraith (which has the woman's name Rose of
Sharon) followed by A Raisin in the Sun, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, The Black
Dahlia, Leaves of Grass, The Grass Harp, Splendor in the Grass, The Catcher
in the Rye, Where the Red Fern Grows, Honeysuckle Rose

Women's names: Lily, Rose, Violet, Viola, - there has to be more...

Iris, Pansy, Dahlia, Camellia, Jasmine, Petunia, Myrtle

--
Catbird

"Oh-oh, her schizo is about to phrenia" - Bob Hope