Old 31-03-2006, 12:08 AM posted to austin.gardening
Mike Harris

Default Anything besides okra?

Howdy all,

I'm thinking ahead to August, when the only thing that really seems to
thrive is (shudder) okra.

Is there anything else we might be able to plant, either now or in the next
few months that will do as well and mature during the same time, in the
worst of the summer heat and aridity?

Old 31-03-2006, 04:31 AM posted to austin.gardening
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article ,
"Mike Harris" wrote:

Howdy all,

I'm thinking ahead to August, when the only thing that really seems to
thrive is (shudder) okra.

Is there anything else we might be able to plant, either now or in the next
few months that will do as well and mature during the same time, in the
worst of the summer heat and aridity?

I've had good luck with string beans. :-)
--
Peace, Om.

Old 31-03-2006, 05:15 AM posted to austin.gardening
Jonny

Am thinking maybe if you put up a west side sun block for your garden, you
can plant most anything except strawberries or lettuce for instance.
Jalapenos love the sun. Good for the prostrate cancer says discovery
channel.
--
Jonny

Old 31-03-2006, 04:07 PM posted to austin.gardening
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article et,
"Jonny" wrote:

prostrate cancer

Is that cancer that makes you lay down flat on the floor? ;-)

Sorry, but that one really drives me nuts!

It's "Prostate" silly!
--
Peace, Om.

Old 01-04-2006, 03:38 AM posted to austin.gardening
Jonny

Apologize for misspelling. However, statement was accurate.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems...3/s1593479.htm

--
Jonny
"OmManiPadmeOmelet" wrote in message
In article et,
"Jonny" wrote:

prostrate cancer

Is that cancer that makes you lay down flat on the floor? ;-)

Sorry, but that one really drives me nuts!

It's "Prostate" silly!
--
Peace, Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." -Jack
Nicholson

Old 01-04-2006, 04:40 AM posted to austin.gardening
Jonny

Imagine painful prostate could easily approach the applauded female birthing
pains. Different as males don't have hormones that thwart the brains memory
of that experience. And happens more than once a year, or nine months or
so. And, is not predicated by any enjoyment.
--
Jonny
link.net...