Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2006, 05:36 PM posted to austin.gardening
Gae Xavier

Default When Skeeter Dunks Don't Work

Austin Gardeners,

I have all my gutters drained into large plastic garbage cans and I use
pieces of the BT dunks to keep mosquitoes from hatching out.

However, there was a woman on a tv gardening show the other day (just
got in on the last of it) and she said that organic matter in the water
will keep the dunks (BT) from working to kill the larva of the mosquitoes.

She said we need the pliable window screen material covering the tops of
the garbage cans and held in place with those bungie cords to hold the
screens in place to keep leaves and such from failing in it.

So if you do not keep those containers clean of organic matter, the BT
will not work on the skeeters. I had no idea! Who knew?

Gae Xavier

Work, Work, Work Hud Edible Gardening 21 10-05-2007 12:23 AM
how long does it take for dunks to work? Lydia Ponds 3 26-04-2004 06:05 PM
Simple 'Skeeter Control? Daniel Phillips Ponds 24 14-04-2004 12:33 AM
Are "Mosquito Dunks" Safe? kyrustic Gardening 11 27-08-2003 12:42 AM
How Safe Are "Mosquito Dunks" kyrustic Lawns 0 24-08-2003 10:02 PM