Old 30-06-2006, 01:50 AM posted to austin.gardening
Byram Lass

Default rough tomatos

A number of our tomatos are rough and somewhat hard, kind wrinkled on about
the top 1/4. The underside is nice red and juicy. Am I waiting to long to
yank them in this heat. We pull them when their mostly pink with some light
green. Occassionally they'll be getting a bid red.

Also our stalk is starting to turn brown with little new foilage.

Thanks,

Old 30-06-2006, 01:06 PM posted to austin.gardening
Jonny

"Byram Lass" wrote in message
A number of our tomatos are rough and somewhat hard, kind wrinkled on about
the top 1/4. The underside is nice red and juicy. Am I waiting to long to
yank them in this heat. We pull them when their mostly pink with some
light green. Occassionally they'll be getting a bid red.

Also our stalk is starting to turn brown with little new foilage.

Thanks,

Last year, I picked them when all skin was light green and sensed no further
size growth. Ripened them in the kitchen window sill.

Noticed on this on again/off again high 90s heat, the leaves start turning
brown in congress with that heat starting on the bottom most leaves. Seems
to recover when below those temps.

One tomato plant has the oddest looking thing. All the leaves are pointed
straight at the sky, and bunched up. Been that way for over a month. It
continues to grow and flower though. 5 other tomato plants in the immediate
vicinity seem normal in this respect.
--
Jonny

Old 30-06-2006, 01:53 PM posted to austin.gardening
Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman

Jonny wrote:

"Byram Lass" wrote in message
[...]

That one tomato plant with the leaves pointed towards the sky, don't touch it,
it's praying for water so the others can survive.

Ray
South Austin
===

Rough Rough! Dave Hill United Kingdom 25 14-01-2010 09:23 PM
Phal with rough silver patch on leaf alice83 Orchids 1 18-11-2003 11:22 PM
Identification of rough grass invading lawn nospam United Kingdom 3 01-06-2003 03:56 AM
Identification of rough grass invading lawn nospam Lawns 2 01-06-2003 03:56 AM
Taxonomic ID help for tree found on Oahu; bark: tan,rough,lite fuzz leaves: elongate Sap:blood red Alexsandyr Troutnoodler Plant Science 0 26-04-2003 01:28 PM