Old 15-07-2006, 03:24 PM posted to austin.gardening
Celeste Evans

Default Bees needing a home

This morning a swarm of bees decided to take up residence in a ceramic
pot in my garden. I like bees so that is not a problem. The problem is
that they have done this before in another pot and don't make it
through the winter. I don't know if it is the lack of insulation of the
pot or if they get whatever it is that is wiping out hives. At any rate
if any of you are bee keepers in need of a new hive or know of someone
who would like them would you please contact me. I just feel fairly
certain that this will not be a good place for them. They seem friendly
so I have no reason to think that they are the evil africanized bees.

Cea