Old 16-04-2003, 09:08 PM
ctt

Default please recommend a good tree for backyard

Hi,

I'd like to plan a tree in the backyard of a house in the Cat
Hollow subdivision in Round Rock (north of Austin). I'm
interested in hearing your opinions/recommendations on the
types of trees that I may want to consider planting.

Some of my requirements: I'd liek the tree to be ~10'-15' tall
when mature, provide shade, and relatively clean (i.e. doesn't
have massive amounts of yellow pollen like pine trees, etc.)

Nice to have, but not required: I'd like the tree to be fast
growing (preferably able to provide all the tree benefits within
3 years or so), produce things I can eat (e.g. fruits, nuts,
etc.), environmentally friendly (e.g. not requiring too much
energy/water for Austin), hardy/strong branches that I can hang
a hammock.

Your suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ching