Old 05-03-2007, 07:52 PM posted to austin.gardening
dt dt is offline

Default Oh, horse poop!

If you have a compost pile, and are looking for a good addition, there's
a stable out on Spicewood Springs that advertises in the "Garden"
section of the Statesman's classifieds. It was in there Friday for
sure; haven't looked today:

FREE Horse Manure
We Load 8am-11am M-Th
6607 Spicewood Springs
343-8929

If you've got a pickup, he'll load you right up. And the price is
definitely right. ;-)

DT
Old 06-03-2007, 12:45 AM posted to austin.gardening
Bob Bob is offline

About twenty years ago, I found a deal like that and got three or four
trailer
loads and spread it on my lawn.
Ot took another five years too get rid of all the weeds and other junk
that came up as a result.

Old 06-03-2007, 02:23 PM posted to austin.gardening
dt dt is offline

Compost, Bob, compost. Build a pile with a buncha leaves from last
fall, let it sit until May or June.

DT

Old 06-03-2007, 03:24 PM posted to austin.gardening

In article ,
dt wrote:

Compost, Bob, compost. Build a pile with a buncha leaves from last
fall, let it sit until May or June.

DT

Or "black bag" compost... Those construction grade bags are great for
that if you are space challenged. Yes, I know that it's anaerobic
composting but it does work. It just takes longer.

I leave black bags for a minimum of one year.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 07-03-2007, 10:52 AM posted to austin.gardening
Bob Bob is offline

Yeah, you are right. Then I didn't know any better. Now I'm too old to
turn a compost pile.