Old 22-05-2004, 01:02 PM
Pat Kiewicz

Default Storms damage sugar maple!

We've been having wave after wave of strong storms.

Yesterday I worked frantically to mow the lawn (3rd time in a week!) before
a dangerous squall line ran through. I just managed to get it done and got
trapped in the garage during the storm.

I worried about the one neighbor's silver maple maybe coming down on me
and the garage (the wind gusts were powerful). I expected more large limbs
to come down off the other neighbor's weedy Siberian elm.

What I didn't expect was a good chunk of the top of my sugar maple coming
down. It looks like the leader split at some point, leaving a weak crotch that
finally suffered one gust too many.

Now I have to find a good arborist and hope that the tree can be salvaged...

*sigh*

(attributed to Don Marti)

[IMG] code is On

sugar maple question BlackIce Gardening 2 02-03-2006 07:24 PM
sugar maple problem JW Gardening 5 03-09-2004 08:48 AM
Sugar Maple dying, suggestions needed Max Gardening 1 13-08-2004 02:40 AM
[IBC] Sugar Maple for Bonsai Dan Voicu Bonsai 7 16-06-2004 03:44 PM
Sugar Maple age kate alt.forestry 18 06-05-2003 02:23 AM