Peach tree varieties

Old 02-08-2010, 06:27 PM posted to austin.gardening
hlk

Default Peach tree varieties

So, about a month ago when it rained really hard for a day or so, my
yard flooded more than I've ever seen it flood before, and my peach
tree was drowned. I really liked having peaches growing in my yard,
but I know if this happened once it is likely to happen again.

Are there peach tree varieties that are more resistant to so much
water pooling up around them? If so, can anyone recommend places to
look for them? It took maybe two days for the water to drain off
completely, but a bit less than that for it to drain from the area
where the peach tree was growing. The tree quickly dropped all of its
leaves and turned crispy, however.

Thanks!

H.