Old 27-05-2003, 08:20 PM
Hope Munro Smith

Default Lucky bamboo at Hong Kong market

Is this a good idea with lucky bamboo? You are supposed to keep it in
water, not in soil.

"Carol Adams" wrote in
:

Rooting hormone works wonders for getting cuttings to root. You can
get it at any garden store for $5 - $6.

carol

"Hope Munro Smith" wrote in message
news
One of mine has the same problem. I'll see if I can find
some information and I'll pass it along!

In article ,
G a e X a v i er wrote:

The top died off of one of my little canes and I cut the brown part
off at a segment, but have no leaf there. Do you have any secrets
about getting them to take root and sprout leaves.

A pinch of fertilizer maybe? Kind? Thanks. Gae

Hope Munro Smith wrote:

Hello,

I went to Hong Kong supermarket yesterday to add to my collection
of lucky bamboo. The prices are really great! The curly bamboo,
which is my favorite, is only $7 per stem! They have lots of it
too, plus the regular straight kind. The stems are very lush
and healthy.

until soon, Hope