Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22-05-2003, 04:44 AM
Steve Coyle

Default Prickly Pear Cactus

Howdy folks,
I did a search on this in the group and saw a lot of interesting
postings on Prickly Pear Cactus ( By the way for many new folks
checking in, you can find out a lot in a hurry just by doing a search
within this news group on your question )

A question I had was can you compost Prickly Pear Cactus. I assume
that anything that grows and rots will eventually rot down to a usable
form, but I was wondering if anyone had actually tried it.
I was thinking of building a wood and wiremesh bin off the ground,
with a tarp under it, to prevent any from falling through and just
filling the sucker and letting it rot down.
Seems strange,but I just have this affection for bio mass.
Steve Coyle

Prickly Pear Cactus pixi Gardening 20 23-08-2005 03:35 AM
Speaking of Prickly Pear Cactus... pixi Gardening 1 16-01-2005 01:46 PM
Prickly Pear cactus Jim North Carolina 0 01-05-2003 05:32 PM
Anybody want a prickly pear cactus? Callen Molenda Gardening 2 06-04-2003 10:08 PM