Old 24-07-2003, 07:12 AM
Tom Jones

Default Horse apples

I have just found a source for horse manure and would appreciate some advice
as to making a fertilizing tea with it. I was told that it doesn't require a
cooling down period and can be immediately mixed with water and put on
plants. Does anyone know if this is true? I could experiment and burn a few
things, but being inherently lazy, I thought I would ask first.

Any suggestion re proportions water/manure would also be welcome.

Thanks,

Old 24-07-2003, 02:12 PM
animaux

You have to be careful with fresh manures. They can produce ecoli (sp?) in the
leachate. I would recommend you see the www.soilfoodweb.com website and search
around on there for how to make the tea, aerobically.

Old 25-07-2003, 04:32 AM
Tom Jones

As a child I sure saw a lot of fresh manure and retained liquid runoff from
the manure piles going down the road and into the fields in Germany. Somehow
they seem to have survived.
I have also read that human waste from outhouses in Japan is applied
directly to the fields. Their population density would suggest that if there
is cause for alarm they would have found it. Are we missing something in our
cellophane wrapped society?

I just want to know if horse s--t can be mixed with water to form a
fertilizing tea.

Thanks,

Tom

Old 26-07-2003, 12:42 AM
animaux

And I answered you the way I approach things. Certainly not cellophane here.
Maybe next time you should get off the cyber lazy ass while sitting at a
computer and do a little research on your own.

Sheesh.

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 03:22:18 GMT, "Tom Jones" wrote:

As a child I sure saw a lot of fresh manure and retained liquid runoff from
the manure piles going down the road and into the fields in Germany. Somehow
they seem to have survived.
I have also read that human waste from outhouses in Japan is applied
directly to the fields. Their population density would suggest that if there
is cause for alarm they would have found it. Are we missing something in our
cellophane wrapped society?

I just want to know if horse s--t can be mixed with water to form a
fertilizing tea.

Thanks,

Tom
.. .

wrote:

I have just found a source for horse manure and would appreciate some

advice
as to making a fertilizing tea with it. I was told that it doesn't

require a
cooling down period and can be immediately mixed with water and put on
plants. Does anyone know if this is true? I could experiment and burn a

few
things, but being inherently lazy, I thought I would ask first.

Any suggestion re proportions water/manure would also be welcome.

Thanks,

Horse manure again [email protected] United Kingdom 16 09-09-2003 10:32 AM
Horse apples? Gloria Gardening 29 27-07-2003 03:22 PM
Aged Horse Manure Avail for the taking Sheila Edible Gardening 8 07-04-2003 11:56 AM
Jonsered Iron Horse Jerry Mohlman alt.forestry 0 25-12-2002 07:01 PM
Horse Manure When can it be used Adrian Colombini United Kingdom 4 24-11-2002 01:03 PM