Old 23-10-2003, 12:32 AM
Pete Brunet

Default austin trees

I want to buy a couple of trees this weekend. Is there a web site that
would be good to help make a choice? Any suggestions for vendors?
Somone once told me about Ted's Trees. Thanks, Pete

Old 23-10-2003, 03:12 AM
animaux

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 18:06:57 -0500, Pete Brunet opined:

http://www.nativesoftexas.com/catalog.html
Old 23-10-2003, 05:02 AM
Flojo

here are my best Tree links. I would be careful to watch the tree extraction
and planting if you have anyone install it, some sellers make mistakes and
may cut too many roots.

http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/s.../treelist.html

http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/growgreen/

http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/s.../contents.html

http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/o...ndexcommon.htm

http://nativeplantproject.tripod.com/

http://www.arborday.org/trees/browsetrees.cfm

http://travistaex.tamu.edu/

Old 28-10-2003, 03:02 AM
Pete Brunet

animaux, If you could, please remove this posting since it has my email
address listed. (On Mozilla, it is right click and cancel message.)
Thanks, Pete

Old 28-10-2003, 03:02 AM
Pete Brunet

animaux, Thanks very much for the info. If you could, please remove
your posting since it has my email address listed. (On Mozilla, it is
right click and cancel message.) Thanks, Pete

Old 28-10-2003, 12:42 PM
jabee

Dear Pete, Hope that address disapears soon. In the mean time,
here's a link to the City of Austin Grow Green program. It's a
database of the best plants for this area with excellent photos. Just
remember that Austin straddles two or three different ecosystems so
you need to pick the right tree for the soil and moisture in your
area.

http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/greengarden/plantlist.htm
Old 29-10-2003, 08:22 PM
Pete Brunet