Old 02-11-2003, 05:42 PM

Default I Need a Soil Test - Where to Get It?

I need a suggestion for a soil test lab. What's the typical price
range?
Old 03-11-2003, 03:02 AM
J Kolenovsky

If this person wants a lab that will tell him what his analysis is
lacking organically
and what organics to add, the best one according to Harris County Soil
scientists and
TAEX agents is:

http://www.txplant-soillab.com/

J. Kolenovsky

Rusty Mase wrote:
=

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 17:33:03 GMT, wrote:
=

I need a suggestion for a soil test lab. What's the typical price
range?

Call the Travis County Ag Extension office and then go down and pick
up the sample bag, instructions and form to fill out. You mail the
sample bags to their lab in College Station. It used to be between
$15 and $25 depending on how much info you want to know.
=

Rusty Mase

-- =

Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky
=F4=BF=F4 -
http://www.celestialhabitats.com - business
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/personal.html - personal
Old 03-11-2003, 12:22 PM
Rusty Mase

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 21:29:50 -0600, J Kolenovsky
wrote:

If this person wants a lab that will tell him what his analysis is
lacking organically and what organics to add......

(snipped)
http://www.txplant-soillab.com/

Nice looking group - anyone with experience using them?

Rusty Mase

Old 03-11-2003, 01:32 PM
animaux

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 06:23:38 -0600, Rusty Mase opined:

wrote:

If this person wants a lab that will tell him what his analysis is
lacking organically and what organics to add......

(snipped)
http://www.txplant-soillab.com/

Nice looking group - anyone with experience using them?

Rusty Mase

Yes, they are wonderful and will give a much more thorough analysis of the
soil, including percentages of organic matter and depending on how expensive one
wants to go, they (I believe) can test for presence of mycorrhizae and other
types of fungi and bacteria. In my opinion, this is the most premier soil
testing lab in the nation.

Victoria

Old 03-11-2003, 01:42 PM
Rusty Mase

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 13:22:10 GMT, animaux
wrote:

In my opinion, this is the most premier soil
testing lab in the nation.

And I even get to travel to Edinburg with my job a couple of times a
year so I can go visit them!

Rusty Mase

Old 03-11-2003, 03:02 PM

Thanks for the information!

I collect live oak leaves from about an acre and compost them into the
garden each year. Last year I added a large trailer of horse dung. But
I do burn collected tree limbs and last year added fireplace ashes,
plus I well water with alkaline water. The garden didn't do well last
year. I suspect it's way too alkaline. The oak leaves aren't enough to
restore balance.
Old 05-11-2003, 03:03 AM
J Kolenovsky

Rusty, if you do get to go to Edinburgh and see the lab, maybe you'll
get the chance to meet Dr. Chandler. He is on the level of Dr. Elaine
Ingham, http://www.soilfoodweb.com/sfi_html/index.html.

J. Kolenovsky

Rusty Mase wrote:
=

And I even get to travel to Edinburg with my job a couple of times a
year so I can go visit them!
=

Rusty Mase

-- =

Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/personal.html - personal

Need help deciphering my soil test results! skunker Gardening 12 07-04-2007 12:06 AM
I need some suggestions. I went a little crazing with some Crocosmia 'Lucifer' and some daylillies and I need to get them undeer control! Marc Gardening 4 31-05-2005 03:17 PM
I Need a Soil Test - Where to Get It? [email protected] Texas 8 13-11-2003 01:13 PM
Test test Al Zymer United Kingdom 1 14-03-2003 08:44 PM
power tiller: to get or not to get one pgh Gardening 17 28-02-2003 03:15 AM