Old 12-11-2003, 05:23 AM
J Kolenovsky

Default Native plant companions for roses

Aside fron google and yahoo searches (which I did for several hours),
does anyone have any links to this topic?

Thanks, if you do and provide.
-- =

Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/personal.html - personal
Old 12-11-2003, 02:33 PM
animaux

Since roses in and of themselves are not native plants, I wouldn't think you'd
find a good list, but garlic is an excellent companion to roses. Roses have
poor root systems and benefit by having mycorrhizae on their roots. If you
plant legumes under roses they benefit from the nitrogen.

Other than that, I only have one rose, two actually. An antique 'Sombruiel'
and a Rosa rugosa. Both have iris planted under them, which are good companions
to roses.

BTW, I wrote your address down, but my husband cleaned up and accidentally threw
it out. Sent it to

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 22:54:36 -0600, J Kolenovsky opined:

Old 13-11-2003, 04:22 AM
J Kolenovsky

I know they aren't natives. I was asked by the local rose society to see
if I could develop a presentation on this. Looks like "not". I did find
asome data on "organic rose gardening" that favors the soilfoodweb.

Regarding the address (and this has been going on for about 3 weeks now
with the austin.rr.com and animaux.net - thats why I started posting my
address to this group. Surely, you have noticed it?)

I found some frogfruit along a right-of-way.

Subject: =

Returned mail: User unknown
Date: =

Wed, 12 Nov 2003 22:12:43 -0600
From: =

Mail Delivery Subsystem
To: =

The original message was received at Wed, 12 Nov 2003 22:12:43
-0600
from ms-mta-03-smtp.texas.rr.com [10.93.38.33]

(expanded from: )

mail.local: unknown name: animaux
550 ... User unknown

Regards,