Old 12-11-2003, 05:22 AM
J Kolenovsky

Default Native plant companions for roses

Aside fron google and yahoo searches (which I did for several hours),
does anyone have any links to this topic?

Thanks, if you do and provide.
-- =

Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/personal.html - personal
Old 13-11-2003, 03:02 AM
zhanataya

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 22:54:10 -0600, J Kolenovsky
wrote:

Aside fron google and yahoo searches (which I did for several hours),
does anyone have any links to this topic?

Thanks, if you do and provide.

There is no one size fits all answer to your question. It depends on
the rose being grown and where. The person responding from Nebraska
is not going to have the same answer as a person from south Florida,
Maine, Washington, or San Diego. Your local Rose Society will have
the best information.

zhan
Old 13-11-2003, 04:12 AM
J Kolenovsky

Thank you for the reply. The local rose society is the one who requested
this presentation.

(psst! I am not crazy about roses but if I could develop a
presentation....)

JK

=

=

Old 13-11-2003, 02:12 PM
Pam - gardengal

If it is a presentation you have been asked to give for your local rose
society, then I would focus on the native plants and wildflowers in your
area. If not the internet and google, there should be a number of resources
available to you - a local native plant society, field books etc, maybe a
nursery that specializes in native plants. Then it is just a matter of
determining which natives look good in combination with roses and like the
same growing conditions.

pam - gardengal

--
Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky
τΏτ - http://www.celestialhabitats.com - business

Old 14-11-2003, 03:12 AM
J Kolenovsky

Affirmation! This is precisely what my discovery work revealed today
with my local chapter native plant society, a rose organization person
other than the requester and a walk-through at 2 native plant farms.

=