Old 15-12-2003, 07:02 AM
Edward Glatzmayer

Default Urgent! Yard Sprinkler System needed installed

Do you know of a reputable company to install a front and backyard sprinkler
system?

Need reasonable price too.

I am in South Austin. Is it better to have a well or city water?

Thanks for input. Please let me know why you recommend a company to help me
decide.

Old 15-12-2003, 07:02 AM
Brian Anderson

Edward Glatzmayer wrote:

Do you know of a reputable company to install a front and backyard sprinkler
system?

Key Sprinkler and Phoenix are both reputable. I got estimates
from both a few years ago and went with Key.

Phoenix sent out a 20-year-old kid who measured my yard, then
went away. A few days later they mailed me a map of my yard
with the sprinkler system diagrammed out, along with model
numbers and a cost estimate. I didn't understand much of it
except for the cost estimate.

Key sent Mr. Key's adult son, who stood there with a clipboard
in his hand and wrote notes as he explained to me what he
would install and why. He talked about the slope of the yard,
told me what check-valves are and where and why I would need
them. He showed me how the yard would be broken up into
zones, and where the 90 degree, 180 degree, and 360 degree
spray heads would go. He also told me not to get the
automatic rain-sensing devices because they're not reliable.
After he left I knew enough to go back and understand the
papers I had gotten from Phoenix.

I don't remember how their prices compared, but I went with
Key because I knew his sprinkler layout was based on a
knowledge of my lawn. The guy at Phoenix who designed the
system for my estimate had never actually seen my lawn, and
had done the design based only on someone else's measurements.

I've had a few problems with the system, but their service
guys have been good, and always explain what they're doing.
The last time I had a problem with leaky sprinkler heads, I
took them apart and cleaned them myself, and when that didn't
work, I went down to Home Depot and bought replacement heads
and installed them myself.

This is the time of year to call for a sprinkler system. If
you call in the spring you'll find yourself on a 5-8 week
waiting list.

Old 15-12-2003, 11:08 PM
will

Arbormasters 264-1098 Best in town.

Old 18-12-2003, 02:44 AM
Jim Marrs

I wish the webmaster would get rid of the virus messages. Does anyone care?
"will" wrote in message
y.com...
Arbormasters 264-1098 Best in town.

Old 18-12-2003, 10:03 AM
Robbin

Webmaster? This is usenet. There is no webmaster. I don't understand what
you are complaining about. Care to elaborate?

"Jim Marrs" wrote in message
.. .
I wish the webmaster would get rid of the virus messages. Does anyone

care?
"will" wrote in message
y.com...
Arbormasters 264-1098 Best in town.