Old 08-04-2004, 08:02 PM
Scarlett

Default Live Oak "molting"

How much longer are the Live Oaks going to be dropping leaves, tassels,
acorns, etc.! They are wreaking havoc with my swimming pool--it looks like
a swamp! I don't know if I will ever be able to get the stains out. Seems
to be worse this year than in the past. And those little green worms are
driving me crazy! The Live Oak is magnificent, but the problems with it are
a nightmare.

Scarlett

Old 09-04-2004, 12:34 AM
Barry

"Scarlett" wrote in message
How much longer are the Live Oaks going to be dropping leaves, tassels,
acorns, etc.! They are wreaking havoc with my swimming pool--it looks

like
a swamp! I don't know if I will ever be able to get the stains out.

Seems
to be worse this year than in the past. And those little green worms are
driving me crazy! The Live Oak is magnificent, but the problems with it

are
a nightmare.

Scarlett

Speaking of the stains, any suggestions on how to remove them from the
patio..(concrete) Bleach worked well for the past several years, but reeked
havoc on the lawn, after it was washed down....
Barry/Oakhill

Old 09-04-2004, 12:34 AM
Brian Anderson

Barry wrote:

Speaking of the stains, any suggestions on how to remove them from the
patio..(concrete)

Have you tried a power washer? Just wave the magic wand...

Old 09-04-2004, 01:04 AM
Barry

"Brian Anderson" wrote in message
Barry wrote:

Speaking of the stains, any suggestions on how to remove them from the
patio..(concrete)

Have you tried a power washer? Just wave the magic wand...

I did, last weekend I purchased one (1650 PSI). It worked fine on the
driveway, but the stains on the patio can not be removed.....I bought some
OXICLEAN, hopefully that will do the trick....Will try tomorrow
Barry/Oakhill

Old 09-04-2004, 03:36 PM
grubber

Barry wrote:

Speaking of the stains, any suggestions on how to remove them from the
patio..(concrete)

Have you tried a power washer? Just wave the magic wand...

I did, last weekend I purchased one (1650 PSI). It worked fine on the
driveway, but the stains on the patio can not be removed.....I bought

some
OXICLEAN, hopefully that will do the trick....Will try tomorrow
Barry/Oakhill

Try rubbing Pancho's enchilada sauce on the stains

Old 09-04-2004, 04:10 PM
Victor Martinez

grubber wrote:
Try rubbing Pancho's enchilada sauce on the stains

Hehehe... good one!

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old 09-04-2004, 07:05 PM
Barry

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
grubber wrote:
Try rubbing Pancho's enchilada sauce on the stains

Hehehe... good one!

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he
Email me he

I would, if I only knew when they were opening...
hehehe
Barry

Old 09-04-2004, 08:33 PM
Babberney

On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 18:50:35 GMT, "Scarlett"
wrote:

How much longer are the Live Oaks going to be dropping leaves, tassels,
acorns, etc.! They are wreaking havoc with my swimming pool--it looks like
a swamp! I don't know if I will ever be able to get the stains out. Seems
to be worse this year than in the past. And those little green worms are
driving me crazy! The Live Oak is magnificent, but the problems with it are
a nightmare.

Scarlett

look at it this way. you get the flowers, the pollen, the leaves and
the worms all in the space of a month or so. clean it up and you're
done with the oaks until late fall, when the nuts come down. With
some trees, you get flowers, then fruit, then insect debris, then
leaves, then husks, it's always something. The price of a tree
removal would cover quite a few extra visits from the pool guy if you
need help cleaning up for awhile. Not to mention the property value
lost and the unrelenting heat gained if you lost the trees.

be grateful.

Keith
For more info about the International Society of Arboriculture, please visit http://www.isa-arbor.com/home.asp.
For consumer info about tree care, visit http://www.treesaregood.com/