Old 09-06-2004, 04:20 PM
Dustin Slater

Default St. Augustine going pale

My St. Augustine was going great guns this year, but just in the last couple
of weeks I have gotten some large, irregular patches of pale grass. This
seems to be spreading. I put down some blood meal the other day thinking it
might need some nitrogen.

What are the usual causes of this? Could it be grubs? I don't think I have
under-watered. Suggestions?

Thanks

-D

Old 09-06-2004, 04:21 PM
RoyDMercer

"Dustin Slater" wrote in message
My St. Augustine was going great guns this year, but just in the last

couple
of weeks I have gotten some large, irregular patches of pale grass. This
seems to be spreading. I put down some blood meal the other day thinking

it
might need some nitrogen.

What are the usual causes of this? Could it be grubs? I don't think I

have
under-watered. Suggestions?

It does sound like grubs. Check out this article:

http://tinyurl.com/3bggt