Old 18-01-2005, 04:53 AM
wronp

Default Does anyone know what this flower is?

I have recently moved into this house and there is a plant by the fence
that I'd like to know more about. It looks kind of like a rose but has a
woody branch, and only one layer of pedals. Can somone identify it for
me. The flower in the picture is about 2.5 inches in diameter. I posted
a couple of pictures at

http://sitekreator.com/wronp/garden_spot.html

Thnaks a heap.
Old 19-01-2005, 05:04 AM
jOhN

escape wrote:
On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 04:53:42 GMT, wronp opined:

I have recently moved into this house and there is a plant by the fence
that I'd like to know more about. It looks kind of like a rose but has a
woody branch, and only one layer of pedals. Can somone identify it for
me. The flower in the picture is about 2.5 inches in diameter. I posted
a couple of pictures at

http://sitekreator.com/wronp/garden_spot.html

Thnaks a heap.

It looks like flowering quince.

That's what I thought but 2-1/2" diameter flowers seems big. Mine are
only about an 1-1/2" max. Maybe it's the variety.
Old 01-02-2005, 05:53 AM
Louise

It looks to me like it could be a Hollyhock or hibiscut (not spelled
correctly I think) or a rose mallow o