Old 04-02-2005, 05:42 PM
dt

Rusty Mase wrote:

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 11:51:25 -0500, "JulioF"
wrote:

Or, is this simply another example of Texans being "Texans"?

I would be burning the phone lines to my County Precint Commissioner
and after the lines failed, I'd go down and sit in their office. Did
they have county logos on the doors of their vehicles? Also, each
Precint likely has its own Roads Division. I would find out the head
of that one and also do some very load complaining.

As far as Texans, it sounds to me like it is "Carpetbaggers" that have
been a statewide nuisance for close to a century and a half now.

Rusty Mase

Yeah, Julio had my deepest sympathy --right up until that last line.

DT
http://www.thehungersite.com/
Old 04-02-2005, 10:34 PM
Cindy

As far as Texans, it sounds to me like it is "Carpetbaggers" that
have been a statewide nuisance for close to a century and a half now.

Rusty Mase

Yeah, Julio had my deepest sympathy --right up until that last line.

DT

Same here, and I'm not even a Texan. Guess we could make a few remarks
about those damn illegal aliens running rampant around here.

Old 05-02-2005, 08:25 PM
JulioF

Ok ok. That was a cheap shot I made. It's just been so frustrating to
experience the continuing wild west mentality here. This isn't the first
time. Of course I know that I'm free to "get out of Dodge" if I don't like
it. But doing that would just reinforce the powers that be.

Where's that ballot box?

Then again, even THAT has proven to be questionable around here. Sigh...