Old 11-02-2005, 07:04 PM
Harold Robbins

Default Concord Grape Vines

Anyone know of a source of a good book for growing and nurturing concord
grapes? Built an arbor and tried to grow the plants but the birds and
varmits seem to have killed two plants and eaten all the fruit.

Would like to learn how to grow them and keep them safe long enough for
them to fruit. Also does anyone know where I may buy concord grape vines?

Harold ;^D

Old 11-02-2005, 09:17 PM
Gary Brady

Harold Robbins wrote:
Anyone know of a source of a good book for growing and nurturing concord
grapes? Built an arbor and tried to grow the plants but the birds and
varmits seem to have killed two plants and eaten all the fruit.

Would like to learn how to grow them and keep them safe long enough for
them to fruit. Also does anyone know where I may buy concord grape vines?

Harold ;^D

Hey Harold:

Ask this question over at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Texas-Home-Winemakers/

Those guys will know whether Concord is suitable for this area. I think
it may be a northern variety. Womack Nursery in DeLeon, TX doesn't list
Concord, although they carry a number of other grapes that do well here.

--
Gary Brady
Austin, TX