Old 29-03-2005, 05:14 AM
catalina

Default shrub

What is that shrub that is really common around here that has red and green
leaves? I have one next to my house and something is killing it. The leaves
have spots on them and some of them are partially eaten away by something.
Any suggestions? I don't even know what it is called!
Old 29-03-2005, 05:28 AM
deepeddygirl

nandina?

http://www.thegardenhelper.com/nandina.JPG

Old 29-03-2005, 01:35 PM
Danny

I would go with the suggestion of nandina as mentioned previously, or
possibly a red tipped photinia. One way to tell the difference is by the
blooms. The nandina will have pyracantha looking red berries on it. The red
tipped photinia, with bigger leaves, will have white blooms on it.

Hope that helps some.

Danny

Old 29-03-2005, 09:57 PM
Harold Robbins

catalina wrote:

What is that shrub that is really common around here that has red and green
leaves? I have one next to my house and something is killing it. The leaves
have spots on them and some of them are partially eaten away by something.
Any suggestions? I don't even know what it is called!

Could it be a red tipped photina? Mostly green but the new growth in
the spring and other times of the year come out with a dark but red?

http://www.arhomeandgarden.org/plant...es/Photina.htm

Harold

Old 04-04-2005, 06:01 PM
The Holdermans

catalina wrote:
What is that shrub that is really common around here that has red and green
leaves? I have one next to my house and something is killing it. The leaves
have spots on them and some of them are partially eaten away by something.
Any suggestions? I don't even know what it is called!

RED TIP PHOTINIA

shrub Honeysuckle Cereoid-UR12- Gardening 0 27-10-2003 02:42 PM
What is this shrub? animaux Texas 3 05-04-2003 11:11 AM
[IBC] unknown shrub, can it be used for bonsai? Sam Williams Bonsai 6 13-02-2003 02:55 AM
Planting new rosemary bush/shrub Anita Blanchard Gardening 1 04-02-2003 09:16 PM
evergreen shrub dying? Faye Lifford-Earle Gardening 0 24-01-2003 10:14 AM