Old 19-07-2005, 01:57 PM
Gus

Default garden tractor - is Husqvarna any good

HI:
I am looking at a Husqvarna GT2554 garden tractor to buy and use on my
12 acres. This is a 22hp, 54" deck model, 6 speed/hi-lo range.

If you have experience with this brand of mower/tractor or any model
of Husqvarna please let me know you opinion.

The one repair shop in this area says these are unreliable. But then
he also says he stopped selling them because they 'screwed him', no
explination. Sounds like sour grapes.

Thanks,
Gus
Old 19-07-2005, 03:25 PM
J.C.

"Gus" wrote in message
HI:
I am looking at a Husqvarna GT2554 garden tractor to buy and use on my
12 acres. This is a 22hp, 54" deck model, 6 speed/hi-lo range.

If you have experience with this brand of mower/tractor or any model
of Husqvarna please let me know you opinion.

The one repair shop in this area says these are unreliable. But then
he also says he stopped selling them because they 'screwed him', no
explination. Sounds like sour grapes.

Thanks,
Gus

I used to race Husqi motorcycles. They were strong two cycle bikes but I
would not want anything with a two cycle, high reving motor that was going
to be put under constant heavy load. And, I don't think I would trust a
Husqi 4 cycle engine. What I would do before I bought one is just act like I
already had one that broke down and see how hard it is to get parts. I'm
going through that trauma right now with Campbell Hausfeld air compressor
which I will never make the mistake of buying again. They require a part
number but nowhere, in their manual, troubleshooting guide or web page do
they provide part numbers. We had trouble getting parts for the bikes but
that was back in the 70s.

Personally, I'd stick with John Deere or someone like that that has their
own service depts in house.

--
Make it just one gnat to email.

J.C.

Old 20-07-2005, 12:27 AM
Gus

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 14:25:09 GMT, "J.C."
wrote:

"Gus" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Thanks JC

Husq garden tractors use Brigs & Stratton ELS engines....4cy.
All of the dealers I have talked to say Husq is slow with the parts,
but that's on the rest of the tractor, not the engines.

I looked at JD and the price of a comparable tractor was almost 3x the
price of the Husq.

Speaking of John Deere!!! I just found out that they rate their lawn
equipment in specific acres....I wondered why everything had acreage
on it.

FOR THE WARRANTY - I just talked to someone who had a friend who
bought a JD and when the service man pulled up the first question was
'how many acres did you cut with this before the problem'. The answer
was 3 acres and the service man said 'this piece of equipment is rated
for 1.5ac. there is no warranty'...........he got in his truck and
left.
Husq doesn't rate their equipment for certain acrage.

Gus
Old 20-07-2005, 02:04 PM
J.C.

"Gus" wrote in message
On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 14:25:09 GMT, "J.C."
wrote:

"Gus" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

You get what you pay for. My opinion of the Husqi is worth every penny it
cost you. G

Old 20-07-2005, 03:07 PM
BJ in Texas

Gus wrote:
|| On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 14:25:09 GMT, "J.C."
|| wrote:
||| I used to race Husqi motorcycles. They were strong two cycle
||| bikes but I would not want anything with a two cycle, high
||| reving motor that was going to be put under constant heavy
||| load. And, I don't think I would trust a Husqi 4 cycle
||| engine. What I would do before I bought one is just act like
||| I already had one that broke down and see how hard it is to
||| get parts. I'm going through that trauma right now with
||| Campbell Hausfeld air compressor which I will never make the
||| mistake of buying again. They require a part number but
||| nowhere, in their manual, troubleshooting guide or web page
||| do they provide part numbers. We had trouble getting parts
||| for the bikes but that was back in the 70s.
||| Personally, I'd stick with John Deere or someone like that
||| that has their own service depts in house.
|| Thanks JC
|| Husq garden tractors use Brigs & Stratton ELS engines....4cy.
|| All of the dealers I have talked to say Husq is slow with the
|| parts,
|| but that's on the rest of the tractor, not the engines.

They had a rep for being slow with the cycle parts too...

"...in addition to being foreign territory the past is, as
history, a hall of mirrors that reflect the needs of souls
observing from the present" -- Glen Cook