Old 11-03-2003, 04:08 PM
Annabel

Default Sacha re Monks Hood

Last year I bought a monkshood from you. Just as it was coming into
flower the dog decided to scent mark in a big way, if you see what I
mean. The whole lot snapped off at ground level, "Good dog" said I.

Yesterday I dug it up as I could see new growth (I love propagating) and
it divided into 11 lovely pieces. There's got to a moral there
somewhere..

Bell

Old 12-03-2003, 12:00 AM
Sacha

"Annabel" wrote in message ...
Last year I bought a monkshood from you. Just as it was coming into
flower the dog decided to scent mark in a big way, if you see what I
mean. The whole lot snapped off at ground level, "Good dog" said I.

Yesterday I dug it up as I could see new growth (I love propagating) and
it divided into 11 lovely pieces. There's got to a moral there
somewhere..

Definitely. BIGGGG Sign saying "go to Hill House Nursery". ;-)
Glad to hear it Annabel and please come and say 'hello' if you come in
again. Oh - and get the dog some nappies! ;-))
On the dog subject, I often see posts here about bitches peeing on
grass and 'burning' it. Well, we have a box hedge and 3 dogs. They
queue up each morning to pee against that hedge with just the same
effect. Bitches and dogs are as 'guilty' as each other ini that
respect.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
Old 12-03-2003, 10:47 PM
Ken Saunders

"Annabel" wrote in message ...
Last year I bought a monkshood from you. Just as it was coming into
flower the dog decided to scent mark in a big way, if you see what I
mean. The whole lot snapped off at ground level, "Good dog" said I.

Yesterday I dug it up as I could see new growth (I love propagating) and
it divided into 11 lovely pieces. There's got to a moral there
somewhere..

Bell

Bell: It's on the very poisonous list.....Ken
Old 14-03-2003, 08:53 AM
Jane Ransom

In article , Ken
Saunders writes
Bell: It's on the very poisonous list.....Ken

So what?
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.
but if you need to email me for any other reason,

Old 14-03-2003, 08:53 AM
Nick Maclaren

In article , Jane Ransom writes:
| In article , Ken
| Saunders writes
| Bell: It's on the very poisonous list.....Ken
|
| So what?

So don't use it in salads?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
Email:
Tel.: +44 1223 334761 Fax: +44 1223 334679
Old 14-03-2003, 08:53 AM
Annabel

"Ken Saunders" wrote in message
om...
"Annabel" wrote in message

Last year I bought a monkshood from you. Just as it was coming into
flower the dog decided to scent mark in a big way, if you see what I
mean. The whole lot snapped off at ground level, "Good dog" said I.

Yesterday I dug it up as I could see new growth (I love propagating)

and
it divided into 11 lovely pieces. There's got to a moral there
somewhere..

Bell

Bell: It's on the very poisonous list.....Ken

Thanks Ken for making sure I knew that. Actually I take sadistic
pleasure in the thought of any snails that have a nibble..

Bell

Old 14-03-2003, 08:53 AM
Sacha

Jane Ransom wrote in message ...
In article , Ken
Saunders writes
Bell: It's on the very poisonous list.....Ken

So what?

Better to know than to be instrumental in an avoidable accident. We
all talk here about "how many times do children *really* shove a
poisonous plant in their mouths?" Well, last year, a 3yo picked up a
Datura leaf when Mum wasn't looking (but I was, thank heavens) and
started putting it in her mouth. Accidents do happen even if they're
rare and an informed person can make choices.
--

Sacha
Old 14-03-2003, 08:53 AM
Ken Saunders

"Annabel" wrote in message

Last year I bought a monkshood from you. Just as it was coming into
flower the dog decided to scent mark in a big way, if you see what I
mean. The whole lot snapped off at ground level, "Good dog" said I.

Yesterday I dug it up as I could see new growth (I love propagating)

and
it divided into 11 lovely pieces. There's got to a moral there
somewhere..

Bell

Bell: It's on the very poisonous list.....Ken

Thanks Ken for making sure I knew that. Actually I take sadistic
pleasure in the thought of any snails that have a nibble..

Bell

Bell...Poor snails.What about beer traps.That's the way
to pass away......Ken