Old 12-08-2005, 10:28 AM
Registered User

Red face Water Buts

Anyone know any reliable, (will deliver!) and genuine, subsidised offers for Water Buts and accessories. My local area (Cheshire) does not seem to encourage the ''Green Theme''.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:18 PM
Broadback

willowburn wrote:

Anyone know any reliable, (will deliver!) and genuine, subsidised offers
for Water Buts and accessories. My local area (Cheshire) does not seem
to encourage the ''Green Theme''.

I live next door, Staffordshire, it was the water people who put me in
touch with Blackwall, they are on the web
http://www.blackwall-ltd.com/waterefficent.htm, try there first. They
will tell you if your water company are offering a subsidised deal.

It cost me £29.95 for 200 litre butt,lid, stand and drain pipe (square)
connector. A little slow on delivery but the product is fine.

--
All replies to this email address are deleted on receipt.

Common sense, not common market.

Old 12-08-2005, 07:29 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Broadback contains these words:

Anyone know any reliable, (will deliver!) and genuine, subsidised offers
for Water Buts and accessories. My local area (Cheshire) does not seem
to encourage the ''Green Theme''.

I live next door, Staffordshire, it was the water people who put me in
touch with Blackwall, they are on the web
http://www.blackwall-ltd.com/waterefficent.htm, try there first. They
will tell you if your water company are offering a subsidised deal.

It cost me £29.95 for 200 litre butt,lid, stand and drain pipe (square)
connector. A little slow on delivery but the product is fine.

Go to your local friendly fire station and they may sell cheaply, or
even give you a heavy-duty plastic barrel which once held foam.

I have one of these, and I cut off the top just below the rim using a
panel saw, and when that's done, you just turn the top over and the
channel round the top (used for locking then when stacked) fits the
sides perfectl, making a lid.

For the downpipe, I cut a circular hole in the lid with a keyhole saw.
(Most DIY/hardware shops will have one, if you don't)

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/