Old 22-08-2005, 10:03 PM
WaltA

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 21:33:51 +0100, Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
snip nostalgia for brevity, all noted.
Well, the Black Prince had those. In fact, now you come to mention it,
mine was originally one of those enclosed thingies,

I had a feeling that you might be talking about the later D series.
Ah yes, the one in skirts :-))
As you say, "originally", but like you most real riders soon undressed
her.
and that transparent plastic thing in front meant you didn't get flys
& bees in yer beard like what real riders were supposed to have ,
heheee.

later Shadowised with ally guards,

Yep, I mentioned those as well in that post I managed to misfire !
(and now lost to posterity)
There was also a fancy stainless set as well wasn't there?
Or were they other supplier add-ons ? Tut, how my brain doth fade !

My first were series B - HRD, cos they were cheap s/h ( nobody wanted
them ! can you imagine ha ! ) then later series C Vincent-HRDs

Oh drool. You'll have me weeping into my beer soon, stoppit :-)

Enough of this, go look at my tree bark pictures for your pennance

Old 23-08-2005, 11:50 AM
WaltA

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 08:49:42 +0100, Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
Oh drool. You'll have me weeping into my beer soon, stoppit :-)

I also had an AJS 990 cc (?) Vee-twin side-valve for a while.

BSA Bantam Bushman 125cc(??)
1947 Hilman Minx sidevalve (capacity unremembered!)

delete
Note to self - dont tell him about the Triumph Cub.
/delete

Old 23-08-2005, 11:58 AM
Mike

"WaltA" wrote in message
On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 08:49:42 +0100, Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
Oh drool. You'll have me weeping into my beer soon, stoppit :-)

I also had an AJS 990 cc (?) Vee-twin side-valve for a while.

BSA Bantam Bushman 125cc(??)
1947 Hilman Minx sidevalve (capacity unremembered!)

delete
Note to self - dont tell him about the Triumph Cub.
/delete

Triumph Cub? Potent little 200cc jobby? My mate's used to leave my Lambretta
150LI standing :-(( and I mean standing as if I hadn't even started the
engine :-((

I did like the Triumph 21, the 350?cc bike. Saw one the other day :-))

Old 23-08-2005, 12:10 PM
WaltA

Oh drool. You'll have me weeping into my beer soon, stoppit :-)
I also had an AJS 990 cc (?) Vee-twin side-valve for a while.

BSA Bantam Bushman 125cc(??)
1947 Hilman Minx sidevalve (capacity unremembered!)
delete
Note to self - dont tell him about the Triumph Cub.
/delete

Triumph Cub? Potent little 200cc jobby?

175 ? 200? cant remember, something like that

My mate's used to leave my Lambretta

Lambretta !!!! Well but of course, nuff said :-))
Sry, coud'na resist

I did like the Triumph 21, the 350?cc bike. Saw one the other day :-))

The cub was my first and last Triumph.
I got a Comet after that.