Old 12-03-2003, 11:08 AM
Hank Hill

Default Hope for a Barkless Tree ?

I have a tree that has shed portions of it's bark- lower limbs, mostly, and
some on the trunk. I don't think the tree can live long like that. Of
course, it could be a lot tougher than I give it credit for- it's a hardy
survivor of many harsh winters, bark or not. Is there something on the
market which will seal raw wood, until the tree can heal/form new bark?
Thanks

Old 13-03-2003, 12:49 AM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "Hank Hill" contains these words:

I have a tree that has shed portions of it's bark- lower limbs, mostly, and
some on the trunk. I don't think the tree can live long like that. Of
course, it could be a lot tougher than I give it credit for- it's a hardy
survivor of many harsh winters, bark or not. Is there something on the
market which will seal raw wood, until the tree can heal/form new bark?

What kind of tree is it? Some have bark that naturally peels or
flakes, but underneath is new
soft bark so the plant doesn't suffer.

Janet