Old 27-08-2005, 07:52 PM
sam

Default planting by moon phase.

Does any have experience of planting according the moon phase?I shall be
planting second cropping early potatoes soon,and I have read that the
phases of the moon can influence the crop.
Old 27-08-2005, 08:08 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
sam wrote:
Does any have experience of planting according the moon phase?I shall be
planting second cropping early potatoes soon,and I have read that the
phases of the moon can influence the crop.

In order for that to work, you have to be of the right sex and have
to be naked when performing the relevant rituals. Depending on the
operation, you must either abstain from sexual activity or consummate
the operation by appropriate activity in the region of the crop.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 27-08-2005, 10:23 PM
Sacha

On 27/8/05 19:52, in article , "sam"
wrote:

Does any have experience of planting according the moon phase?I shall be
planting second cropping early potatoes soon,and I have read that the
phases of the moon can influence the crop.

Look at the web site for the wine growers Chateau Romanin
http://www.romanin.com/pages/biodynamie.php?lang=en
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds for email)

Old 27-08-2005, 11:30 PM
Chris S

"sam" wrote in message
Does any have experience of planting according the moon phase?I shall be
planting second cropping early potatoes soon,and I have read that the
phases of the moon can influence the crop.

You could try to Google for "biodynamic garden"or go directly to
http://www.biodynamic.org.uk/

for further info.
Regards
Chris S

Old 28-08-2005, 09:42 AM
JennyC

"sam" wrote in message
Does any have experience of planting according the moon phase?I shall be
planting second cropping early potatoes soon,and I have read that the
phases of the moon can influence the crop.

Hi Sam

Not a subject I personally know anything about but a quick google with :
planting moon phase
gives 71,700 hits !!!!!!! So it must be popular :~))

Jenny

Old 28-08-2005, 09:42 AM
JennyC

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
In article ,
sam wrote:
Does any have experience of planting according the moon phase?I shall be
planting second cropping early potatoes soon,and I have read that the
phases of the moon can influence the crop.

In order for that to work, you have to be of the right sex and have
to be naked when performing the relevant rituals. Depending on the
operation, you must either abstain from sexual activity or consummate
the operation by appropriate activity in the region of the crop.
Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

And which do you do Nick :~))
Jenny

Old 28-08-2005, 10:45 AM
Alan Holmes

"martin" wrote in message

sam wrote:
Does any have experience of planting according the moon phase?I shall
be
planting second cropping early potatoes soon,and I have read that the
phases of the moon can influence the crop.

In order for that to work, you have to be of the right sex and have
to be naked when performing the relevant rituals. Depending on the
operation, you must either abstain from sexual activity or consummate
the operation by appropriate activity in the region of the crop.
Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

And which do you do Nick :~))

Miss Whiplash with the riding crop?

So I am missing out on something!

Alan

--
Martin

Old 28-08-2005, 10:45 AM
Alan Holmes

"martin" wrote in message
On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 10:42:35 +0200, "JennyC"
wrote:

"sam" wrote in message
Does any have experience of planting according the moon phase?I shall be
planting second cropping early potatoes soon,and I have read that the
phases of the moon can influence the crop.

Hi Sam

Not a subject I personally know anything about but a quick google with :
planting moon phase
gives 71,700 hits !!!!!!! So it must be popular :~))

Mooning gives 170,000 hits and lunatics 619,000

Am I missing out on something?

Alan

--
Martin

Old 28-08-2005, 10:47 AM
Nick Maclaren

sam wrote:
Does any have experience of planting according the moon phase?I shall be
planting second cropping early potatoes soon,and I have read that the
phases of the moon can influence the crop.

In order for that to work, you have to be of the right sex and have
to be naked when performing the relevant rituals. Depending on the
operation, you must either abstain from sexual activity or consummate
the operation by appropriate activity in the region of the crop.

And which do you do Nick :~))

Miss Whiplash with the riding crop?

Guessing will get you nowhere. If you were a believer in the Old
Religion, you would know the appropriate rituals.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 28-08-2005, 04:50 PM
Totty

martin wrote:
On 28 Aug 2005 09:47:19 GMT, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:

sam wrote:
Does any have experience of planting according the moon phase?I shall be
planting second cropping early potatoes soon,and I have read that the
phases of the moon can influence the crop.

In order for that to work, you have to be of the right sex and have
to be naked when performing the relevant rituals. Depending on the
operation, you must either abstain from sexual activity or consummate
the operation by appropriate activity in the region of the crop.

And which do you do Nick :~))

Miss Whiplash with the riding crop?

Guessing will get you nowhere. If you were a believer in the Old
Religion, you would know the appropriate rituals.

Everybody is busy using the flaggels for the corn at the moment.

Flagellums and flageolets aren't much good as a substitute.

From "Five Hundred Points of Good Husbandry (Thomas Tusser 1524?-1580)

Sowe peason and beanes in the wane of the Moone,
who soweth them sooner, he soweth too soone.
That they with the planet may rest and arise,
and flourish with bearing most plentiful wise.

and also;

Sow pease (good trull) the Moone past full.
Fine seedes then sowe, whilste Moone doth growe.

For obvious reasons no mention of spuds.
--
Jo

Old 30-08-2005, 02:35 PM
Edwin Spector

Sam,

the people who tell you that the Moon's phase influences plants (or women's
cycles, etc) are deluded. Here's a simple question:

How frequently do we have high tides? Is it...
1.) Every 29-ish days
or
2.) Twice a day? (Ok, in most places on Earth)

Yes, the Moon is orbiting the Earth, but we are spinning under it. Then, listen
to the garbage merchants who explain earnestly that "the Moon affects tides, and
plants and people must be affected because we are made of water." Utter blx.

I haven't yet heard anyone expounding theories of why we must plant at high tide.

So, what does vary over the Moon's phase? Well, there's the obvious variation in
moonlight. From memory, the full Moon is about a millonth of the Sun's
brightness. Anyway, your seed potatoes won't know the difference from 4" under
the ground. There'll also be a weensy gravitational effect since the Moon's
orbit isn't perfectly circular, so its distance to us varies by a tad.

Sam, save your worries and your money. Get your spuds in when it suits you.

Best wishes
Edwin
Bath, UK.
-----------

Old 30-08-2005, 05:36 PM
Tumbleweed

"Edwin Spector" wrote in message
Sam,

the people who tell you that the Moon's phase influences plants (or
women's cycles, etc) are deluded.

Indeed.

snip rest

No point using logic with fools.

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com

Old 30-08-2005, 09:46 PM
Mike Lyle

Tumbleweed wrote:
"Edwin Spector" wrote in message
Sam,

the people who tell you that the Moon's phase influences plants

(or
women's cycles, etc) are deluded.

Indeed.

snip rest

No point using logic with fools.

A bit harsh, don't you think? I myself find homoeopathic fertilizer
works brilliantly: to get the highest potency, you shut your eyes and
think very hard about NPK while shaking a can of water vigorously.
You then spray the treated water on the plants.

Next week: My natural cure for cancer and nits.

--
Mike.