Old 27-08-2005, 11:56 PM
VisionSet

Default Dahlia problem

This year some of my Dahlias are just nudging through the surface in August!
But I think they've been like that for a few months. Is something eating
the shoots? Not had the problem before.

TIA

--
Mike W

Old 28-08-2005, 02:53 PM
Draven

"VisionSet" wrote in message

This year some of my Dahlias are just nudging through the surface in
August!
But I think they've been like that for a few months. Is something eating
the shoots? Not had the problem before.

TIA

--
Mike W

Usually slugs and snails.

Old 28-08-2005, 10:25 PM
Bob Hobden

"Draven" wrote after...

Mike W asked

This year some of my Dahlias are just nudging through the surface in
August!
But I think they've been like that for a few months. Is something eating
the shoots? Not had the problem before.

Usually slugs and snails.

Quite agree. Our's on our allotment would never be seen if we didn't use
slug pellets. The year after I planted them we couldn't understand why they
hadn't made an appearance by June so I sprinkled some pellets along the row
and a week later up they started to come through the mulch.

--
Regards
Bob

Dahlia flower problem Wylie Wilde Gardening 2 09-01-2006 03:04 PM
Dahlia problem Wylie Wilde Australia 1 09-01-2006 09:52 AM
Dahlia problem [email protected] United Kingdom 2 28-06-2004 10:14 PM
Dahlia problem [email protected] United Kingdom 1 27-06-2004 06:59 PM
Dahlia problem Stephen WILLIAMS United Kingdom 1 25-04-2003 12:32 AM