Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-03-2003, 08:44 PM
Larry Stoter

Default cats

K wrote:

snips .....
Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe animal charities' policy is to
euthanase a healthy animal. Certainly it is not the policy of Cats
Protection. They will neuter all animals that come to their centres,
microchip them and find a loving home for them, which has to be inspected
before a cat is allowed to reside there. I do wish people would concern
themselves with cruelty and neglect of animals rather than get paranoid
about what they are doing or may do to their precious gardens. I love my
very old rescued cat and my garden and all the creatures that pass through
it.

You are confusing two separate issues.

I am against cruelty to animals and believe that people who are either
deliberately cruel to their pets or who commit cruelty by neglect or
ignorance should be prosecuted. This includes people who have large
numbers of pets which are not kept clean or fed properly. I would also
consider uncontrolled breeding of pet cats and dogs as cruelty.

However, that is nothing to do with owners controlling their animals. If
you wish to have a pet cat, I have no objection. What I object to is it
coming into my garden and not having any means of dealing with the
problem.

--
Larry Stoter

Cats Lozzie Gardening 2 03-02-2004 08:43 PM
Cats terrorise my fish! Scooby Don't Ponds 22 22-12-2003 07:12 AM
Cats any ideas update auntie_biotic United Kingdom 3 25-04-2003 12:08 AM
cats Oxymel of Squill United Kingdom 1 19-01-2003 01:04 AM
Cats (No, not the usual thread) Simon Avery United Kingdom 1 18-01-2003 06:58 PM