Old 06-04-2003, 10:56 PM
Warwick

Default cats

In article ,
says...
In article , Harry Web
writes
"julie manns" wrote in message
can anyone offer advice on how to keep them off plants.

I don't know about the plants, but I'm having some luck keeping them
from defecating in the soil having buried wire mesh just below the
surface. Its the type with 20cm squares. A few have had a paw at the
soil, but having found the mesh didn't stay around. It's supposed to
be good for squirrels too. You can also use it hooped in a slightly
raised position around the top of a wall to stop them getting into the
garden that way. baiscally they can't tip-toe through it.

HTH

I have just ordered 6 "Scaredy Cat Plants" Coleus Canina from Thompson
Morgan Cost £7.99 I will see if that works . Supposed to scare the
hell out of cats - a smell that cats can detect but we can't.

We went to visit my sister on Saturday and I can iterate once again that
those "ultrasonic" cat scarers don't work. Our dog seemed a *bit*
uncomfortable up close to them, but a few cats wandered through the
garden happily.

In addition *I* can hear them. They're at the extreme end of the
frequencies I can hear, but standing in a garden with a loud high
pitched whine irritated the hell out of me.

There were two different models in use and I could hear them both. The
more expensive version was a bit higher in pitch, but a lot louder. The
cheaper ones were battery powered so that would explain the loudness
level.

I'm not *too* bothered about our's and neighbours' cats since their
scrabbling hasn't done much beyond the odd seedling and a few heathers
that they slept on to death. We have a dog who hasn't learned that the
incredible display of daffs that one boder was putting on is not to be
ignored when talking to next door's dog.

Warwick

Cats Lozzie Gardening 2 03-02-2004 08:43 PM
Cats terrorise my fish! Scooby Don't Ponds 22 22-12-2003 07:12 AM
Cats any ideas update auntie_biotic United Kingdom 3 25-04-2003 12:08 AM
cats Oxymel of Squill United Kingdom 1 19-01-2003 01:04 AM
Cats (No, not the usual thread) Simon Avery United Kingdom 1 18-01-2003 06:58 PM