Old 10-09-2005, 07:21 PM
MELANIE MCDONALD

Default plants online

Hi,
Has anyone here ever ordered from J Parker online?If so were the plants good
and was delivery quick?
Mel.

Old 10-09-2005, 08:53 PM
Robert

"MELANIE MCDONALD" wrote in message
. uk...
: Hi,
: Has anyone here ever ordered from J Parker online?If so were the plants
good
: and was delivery quick?
: Mel.

Not recently but in the past they have been first class
:

Old 10-09-2005, 10:02 PM
Gilly

"MELANIE MCDONALD" wrote
Has anyone here ever ordered from J Parker online?If so were the plants

good
and was delivery quick?

I have, several times, and delivery was very quick. Unfortunately, I have
to say that I've not been happy with any of their plants, but they do have
good customer service and no problem with refunds. I'm a glutton for
punishment because I'm thinking of ordering some bulbs from them. I've also
ordered from T&M and was very happy with their (more expensive) plants.

Old 10-09-2005, 10:02 PM
Kase

"MELANIE MCDONALD" wrote in message
. uk...
Hi,
Has anyone here ever ordered from J Parker online?If so were the plants

good
and was delivery quick?
Mel.

Not ordered from them online, but have one outlet (Mottram St Andrew) just
round the corner from where I live and another (Old Trafford) next to the
office where I work. I've bought stuff from them for years and it's always
been good quality when in season.

Kase

Old 12-09-2005, 05:09 PM
Ornata

Hi,
Has anyone here ever ordered from J Parker online?If so were the plants
good
and was delivery quick?
Mel.

I've had mixed results with ordering from them over the past couple of
years. Some of the perennials turned up in poor condition and never
made it. A couple of bare-root shrubs also failed to grow. This was
in the days when I was completely new to buying plants and didn't
realised there are much better places for buying perennials and shrubs
mail-order. Their bulbs are usually pretty good, and I've just placed
another order with them. Occasionally you get sent the wrong thing,
but they're good at sorting out any problems (unlike T&M who've been
incredibly inefficient, and inaccurate, with some of their deliveries).
On the whole, though, they are okay. With regard to delivery time,
that's down to the vagaries of Royal Mail (one "First Class" delivery
reached me two weeks after it was posted).

Old 12-09-2005, 05:13 PM
Pam Moore

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 18:21:35 GMT, "MELANIE MCDONALD"
wrote:

Has anyone here ever ordered from J Parker online?If so were the plants good
and was delivery quick

In my experience, don't expect what you see in the picture. The
plants I have received from them have always been small. Where the
catalogue says NEW against a plant, I think they mean it is new in
their stock, not a new plant, so beware.
I would not buy from them again. Others have expressed satisfaction
but that has not been my experience.

Pam in Bristol
Old 12-09-2005, 07:57 PM
Alan

I've had mixed results - The first big order resulted in sime very good
perennials and some never came up at all others came and went without
flowering. I gave them the benefit of the doubt as I have a new build garden
with poor clay soil.

Next order turned out better but very slow to establish.

I have had cheaper and better from Morrisons!!

Old 15-09-2005, 09:01 PM
MELANIE MCDONALD

Well, I decided to chance it and place an order. I'm now waiting for my
selection to arrive - hope I'm pleased with them when they arrive!

Old 16-09-2005, 11:41 AM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Pam Moore
writes
wrote:

Has anyone here ever ordered from J Parker online?If so were the plants good
and was delivery quick

In my experience, don't expect what you see in the picture. The
plants I have received from them have always been small. Where the
catalogue says NEW against a plant, I think they mean it is new in
their stock, not a new plant, so beware.
I would not buy from them again. Others have expressed satisfaction
but that has not been my experience.

Pam in Bristol

Who would you recommend then? I would like to buy some more out of the
ordinary or 'special' daffodil and tulip bulbs to exhibit in our show
next year but
I haven't seen many catalogues selling anything but the "150 for £5.00"
type so far. I don't mind paying extra for larger bulbs or less usual
types.

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 16-09-2005, 05:29 PM
Pam Moore

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 11:41:18 +0100, Janet Tweedy
wrote:

In article , Pam Moore
writes

----------------
Who would you recommend then? I would like to buy some more out of the
ordinary or 'special' daffodil and tulip bulbs to exhibit in our show
next year but
I haven't seen many catalogues selling anything but the "150 for £5.00"
type so far. I don't mind paying extra for larger bulbs or less usual
types.

Avon Bulbs and Broadleigh Gardens sell good quality bulbs but have not
looked at their latest catalogues.

Pam in Bristol

Old 16-09-2005, 06:10 PM
Janet Galpin

The message
from Pam Moore contains these words:

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 11:41:18 +0100, Janet Tweedy
wrote:

In article , Pam Moore
writes
wrote:

[...]

I would agree with Pam about these two. Peter Nyssen are also worth
looking at if you want more than one or two. They sell the old standards
(150 for £5) but they also have a good range of more unusual bulbs. Very
reasonably priced but for some bulbs, 25 is the smallest quantity you
can buy

Janet G

Where to buy plants online? Some Guy Freshwater Aquaria Plants 23 16-03-2011 05:50 PM
where do you buy plants online to ship in Canada Dave M. Picklyk Freshwater Aquaria Plants 8 20-04-2003 06:20 AM
Plants online don United Kingdom 4 22-03-2003 11:30 AM
Plants online Hussein M. United Kingdom 0 21-03-2003 01:56 AM
Plants for locations database wanted (online) Carol Russell United Kingdom 3 08-12-2002 06:34 PM